Options

Comments

• waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    treasach wrote: »
    Sure did, I'll just set about the claim then, thanks for you help
    "If I do not receive a satisfactory response from you within 30 days of the date of this letter, I intend to issue proceedings against you in the county court without further notice. This may increase your liability for costs"

That's fine. No need for any further warnings or threats then. You don't need to do a version of war and peace for your claim. A few bullet points will do to lodge a claim, you get to expand on it later.
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 27 June 2017 at 5:15PM
    Options
    Sure did, I'll just set about the claim then, thanks for you help
    "If I do not receive a satisfactory response from you within 30 days of the date of this letter, I intend to issue proceedings against you in the county court without further notice. This may increase your liability for costs"
    "30 days"??

So you sent your letter before action before starting this thread?
    You didn't mention that in your opening post.

In fact, it was 8th June when you told us you were going to send an LBA.

Are you sure 30 days have now passed?
  • treasach
    treasach Posts: 85 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I sent my initial letter of complaint 23 May, then the letter before action went 9th of June, so their 30 days runs out on the 10th of July. I doubt very much they will get back in touch but I understand they have until then. Just want to know my next move when they don't
  • neilmcl
    neilmcl Posts: 19,460 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I sent my initial letter of complaint 23 May, then the letter before action went 9th of June, so their 30 days runs out on the 10th of July.
    So your "update" is largely incorrect then
    Hi Guys, hopefully last bit of advice I need, so basically they didn't respond to my letter before action

You already know your next move, as outlined in your LBA surely.
  • treasach
    Options
    Look, I just wanted to know from the experts whether to push a bit more before taking to the to small claims court, I really don't see the point of cross examining my thread to pick up faults. At the end of the day I'm just after advice which most of you have been fantastic in giving me, so to you guys thank you very much
  • warehouse
    warehouse Posts: 3,362 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    So they are paying for a Samsung Engineer to come and see the TV so we shall see what his report states!

Did this happen OP?
    Pants
  • treasach
    edited 28 June 2017 at 9:00AM
    Options
    warehouse wrote: »
    Did this happen OP?

No mate, this is the reason I doubt they will respond, I agreed to the engineer to come but never heard anything, I've chased them several times but they never respond to me, they may be waiting until the 30 days is coming to a close I guess but I doubt it

Just to elaborate, they received the LBA, and the last and only response I've had was "We will arrange for a Samsung Engineer to view the TV, at our cost"

I responded accepting this, but nothing more
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just to elaborate, they received the LBA, and the last and only response I've had was "We will arrange for a Samsung Engineer to view the TV, at our cost"

I responded accepting this, but nothing more

That makes it a bit more difficult then.

As you have accepted their suggestion that an engineer visits, in my opinion you should wait until that happens before starting court action. I think you need to start the clock ticking again.
  • treasach
    Options
    Thank you, I'll give them 30 days from their one line email then, in my LBA I did advise I wanted a detailed response with how they were planning to resolve the situation, so the one line response doesn't fall in line with that
  • Fluffybunny80
    Options
    Just been reading this. Was there ever an update OP ?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure