NatWest £125 switch incentive

Options

Comments

• twiglet98
    Options
    fuzzgun19 wrote: »
    Am I right in thinking you can open this account online but have to upload photo ID to get the account?

If yes, what happens if you dont have any photo ID?

See my post #1034

I don't have digital ID and made an appointment to take paper ID into a branch. No photo required and I provided my signature at the branch.
  • harz99
    harz99 Posts: 3,642 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    schiff wrote: »

Nevertheless a bit weird. Needless to say the reader, applied for on 31/1, hasn't arrived.

Apply for another reader. Iirc, early on in this saga a few people had issues where they needed to order twice as the first request didn't take.
  • realaledrinker
    realaledrinker Posts: 1,661 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 8 February 2018 at 1:21AM
    Options
    All the above and no one has yet to receive their £125! I can just imagine the fun and games to be had.

We had a comparatively uneventful process. My application & transfer went through smooth as silk (natch) with no need to upload docs.

When "my wife" applied, the application got so far then bombed out unexpectedly. "She" then re-applied and the same thing seemed to happen. "She" got requests to upload docs which was done and the account is now open and conditions fulfilled. Meanwhile one of the aborted applications is still requesting IDs upload ...
    Ethical moneysaver
  • tempus_fugit
    tempus_fugit Posts: 1,189 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    harz99 wrote: »
    Apply for another reader. Iirc, early on in this saga a few people had issues where they needed to order twice as the first request didn't take.
    Hmm, mine haven't arrived either and they were requested on the 29th.
    Retired at age 56 after having "light bulb moment" due to reading MSE and its forums. Have been converted to the "budget to zero" concept and use YNAB for all monthly budgeting and long term goals.
  • Yorkshire_Pud
    Options
    Hmm, mine haven't arrived either and they were requested on the 29th.

My card reader took over two weeks to arrive, in fact I'd forgotten about it as I used my Nationwide card reader.

CS are very nice but the number of texts I have received about the account opening process is ridiculous. Now I'm getting reminders of a deadline to upload documents to digidocs or my application will expire.

Only I've been using my account for two weeks! Its open. Last text arrived 3.35am and woke me up:mad: emails also received and then I noticed the customer number is someone else's!:T hope this other customer isn't getting my messages and also gets informed about uploading their info in time.
  • ValiantSon
    ValiantSon Posts: 2,586 Forumite
    Options
    I believe NatWest are diversifying into party planning and have purchased several breweries in anticipation of the launch of this new venture. ;)
  • Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,557 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    ValiantSon wrote: »
    I believe NatWest are diversifying into party planning and have purchased several breweries in anticipation of the launch of this new venture. ;)

I like it, I like it!!
    I'm not sure that they are qualified for a brewery - that requires a lot of forward planning, especially for a party ! They may or may not be able to check the identity docs! issue invitations by text or do other mundane things!
    Hopefully handing out the welcome gift will be achieved without hassle??
    _party_
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything! --
    Many thanks
    -Stash bust:in 2022:337
    Stash bust :2023. 120duvets, 24 bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lav bags,36 angels,9 bones, 1 knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramids = total 420 total spend £5. Total for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets,29 pyramids, 6 hottie covers, 4 knit hats,13 crochet angels,1 shopper, 87cards=163 £86 spent!!!
  • Shashy
    Shashy Posts: 139 Forumite
    Options
    My switch went through today with no hassle.

I must say, this has been a really easy one in my experience - albeit I ignored most of the physical mail, and only paid attention to one or two of the emails :-)

Need to get my £1500 together now.
  • pmatt_2
    pmatt_2 Posts: 54 Forumite
    Options
    I'm finally up and running with NatWest. I got the usual stream of e-mails and dribs and drabs of information, but the stumbling block was getting access to the website and app.

It took four calls and a visit to the branch to finally get that sorted. I sat in the branch for over half an hour, most of which was the branch assistant sitting on hold to NatWest customer services. It took four people during that visit to resolve whatever the issue was.

I'm planning on paying in the £1,500 at the last minute and whipping it back out again pronto. As soon as I get the £125 I'm off. With no feeling of guilt after what a disaster the whole process has been. (And not just for me.)

Oh, of course I'm now waiting for a card reader.
  • soulsaver
    soulsaver Posts: 5,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 8 February 2018 at 1:01PM
    Options
    roxy28 wrote: »
    Have i made a error then by doing a partial switch. if i have is there no way to correct this
    Check the T&Cs and do a full switch now if it will qualify within time deadline.

https://beta.natwest.com/content/dam/natwest/personal/current-accounts/documents/Switching_Offer_Terms_2018.pdf
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure