Virgin Media Ignoring cancellation

Options
I'd really appreciate some advice regarding our VM cancellation.
We are moving to a non VM area so last month gave our 30 days notice to cancel all services. The account is in my husbands name and he has just picked up the final bill.
They appear to have signed us up to a new contract without our consent. It looks like they cancelled the broadband and phone and signed up a new contract for TV services.
Oddly (or deliberately) they sent the "contract" to the wrong email address, one we do not have, so we couldn't see what had happened.
We've been trying on the phone for 2 hours and cannot get through to anybody, my concern is that they will try and bully us into something we didn't agree to.
I know we said cancel all services, and that they said they do not want the old equipment back as it's obsolete now.
I cannot believe that they can hold you to something you didn't agree to, but I am concerned now and frankly don't trust them.
Has anybody had a similar problem and managed to get it sorted?

Thanks

Comments

• headoffinance
    Options
    Hello,

Firstly the majority of my family have been with virgin media and all of them have had the worst experiences with there contracts (All of them live in virgin areas). I luckily haven't been with virgin due to these reasons! This exact situation happened to my cousin and she rang them and said she didn't agree to this and she wanted it cancelled! Took a few weeks but they sorted it. My other advice is to be persistent because i know they try to fob you off with all sorts of excuses. (I was with her when the calls went on). I would also speak to your bank about stopping charges to virgin going through.

Hope you get it all sorted,
    Regards,
    headoffinance
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills