The Simple Bare Necessities feat. Gratitude & Recipes

Options

Comments

• Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,710 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Be careful with that duster greying - mr cheery moved our flylady one as the photographer arrived the other day and it literally disintegrated all over the living room! :eek: :rotfl: :rotfl:
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,308 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Dusting??What is this thing you speak of?
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Upsidedown_Bear
    Upsidedown_Bear Posts: 18,264 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    baseball-cap-smiley.gif?1292867552

?u=http%3A%2F%2Fjokideo.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2012%2F12%2F60803_477435128965824_350582372_n.jpg&f=1
  • beanielou
    Options
    Good to see you bear :wave:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• Greying_Pilgrim
    Greying_Pilgrim Posts: 5,430 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Good Morning :hello:

Hi beanie :wave: Hi Bear :wave: You'll both be relieved to know that I didn't get around to doing any dusting......... :whistle: Although that makes me not sleep at night, for all the dust Wererabbits under the bed :eek::rotfl:

Tea last night was as slated, Fresh Corn Salad and l/o black olive pizza. I did try to post a picture, but a) it wasn't very good anyway, and b) I've obviously done something wrong, as it would only post in the mahooosive version! :(

I'd highly recommend the salad - I made it with frozen sweetcorn. There aren't that many cherry tomatoes in it, as I was using up the last of the mrAl ones - which, as predicted, failed to ripen beautifully, and went all spotty, blotchy and began to shrivel :( But the mix of flavours is good and summery - and I know that you all know that arugala is rocket. I got mind from mrL 59p a bag. I used a small piece of red chilli, as that is all I had - it was very hot! :rotfl: The pizza was the last of the one made with millet flour in the base. I let it defrost naturally and didn't reheat it - just ate it at room temperature, so the base stayed as 'soft' as it was ever going to be :D At least we didn't waste it :D

Tea this evening will be curry - definitely featuring aubergines as I got a couple of YS'd ones. They are only fit for curry, but then they were only 15p each too, so........

We've chores to complete, items to take to the chazzer and a bit of shopping to do, so that'll keep us out of mischief for a big bit of the day.

Can't think of owt else MS, so I'd best get on with it!

Ta for popping in, reading and joining in the banter. Appreciated.

Last night I was just grateful to be able to pick BG up and hug them, very tight. RIP Brave Bradley Lowery :A

Greying X
    Pounds for Panes £2,590/£10,000 - start date Dec 2023

Coins for Camping (April) -  £8/£15  (Camping TTD - £60/90)

Grocery spend April £214.28/215
    Non-food household spend April £29.23/25
    Bulk Fund April 0/£10

Knitted items for charity 1/24 (inc. Blankets 1/6)
  • Greying_Pilgrim
    Options

Baby Greying is clearly a consumer who knows how to get the best out of everything. Knowing that their mama & papa shelled out hard-earnt cash for their cot & mattress; they are determined to sleep on every square inch of that matress, in all 4 corners of the cot, each and every night. Which is good. Except the alarm can't cope with it, and thinks that something is wrong. And goes off. Repeatedly. Which is fine, because better safe than sorry. But you'll have to forgive me for being asleep behind my sunglasses if you see me today :cool: zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.......

Tea last night was Cambodian Aubergine curry, which made use of the 2 YS'd aubergines that I had :D I love this curry - it is so fragrant and light. I suppose the curry paste is a bit of a faff to make, but it does make enough for more than one curry, so the time is well spent. I served it with a new to me dhal recipe - which I found in a library book. I didn't do the tempering on this occasion, but will try it in the future. I put lime juice in my dhal too, as well as the zest, and it prinked it up lovely. I actually think this recipe is a keeper, as it is realtively simple (in it's most base form) and is quite economical on ingredients. One for speed and/or thrift - and you know how much I like those 2 qualities in my cooking :D There was also steamed basmati on the plate too. No pic I'm afraid. The light went weird, and the resulting pictures were not really informative of the dishes, so I shall leave it to the 'pros' who have illustrated the 2 weblinks I've added :D

We've got a 'family' do this arvo, so I don't think that I need to bother about 'us tea' tonight :T

We had a grand few hours out in the next town along, yesterday. Dropped off a load of stuff at the chazza - the receiving volunteers were enthusiastic and welcoming, which is why we continue to support that particular charity. Although the volunteers in the shop in Greying Town are not so welcoming...... But the drive over to the next town along ain't such a chore. We pootled about getting 'bits and bobs' (all on the list) and camped out in the library :j which we all love :D We then went for a cuppa & cake - and yes, I do realise that we are in the middle of UFM. However, we thought we'd use a church-based tea urn, and dropped lucky, as there was a coffee morning going on at a church in the town. It was only as we got inside, we realised that the coffee morning was being organised by a couple of youngsters, rasing money for a school-trip. Bravo to them for being so proactive, getting off their arrises and doing something to earn cash, rather than sitting with their hands held out. The tea/coffee was well priced - even Mr Cheery would have thought it bargainacious at 80p a mug. The cakes were scrummy and we bought a 'whole' cake as well, as i couldn't have made it for less. Quite frankly, it was the best, most satisfying 'food out' experience we've has for a VERY long time. And as it cost less than a fiver (even with chipping in a bit extra) we left with smiles on our faces :D

Right, can't think of owt else MS, so best go and see what DH and BG are up to. I can hear giggles........

Ta for popping in and reading. Appreciated.

Greying X

Bulk Fund April 0/£10

• Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,710 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Ooh, I think that sort of tea and cake experience is the very essence of uber frugal month - what an absolute bargain! Mr Cheery would definitely approve :D :j

My frugality is going out of the window with this house sale business :o but we have received an offer of several thousand more than we asked (!) So perhaps it will all work out in the end with a smaller mortgage than we anticipated! :j

I too may be asleep behind my sunglasses today :o had a friend round last night and was meant to be giving her a lift home, but she quickly rang to check up on her mum - and woke me 40 minutes later as I'd fallen asleep on the sofa :eek: :o:o Luckily she's very understanding!! :o

Have a good day Greying :) we are facing our first weekend day in lterally a couple of years when there is actually NOTHIN to do in the house :j :j I can't even remember what we used to do with such days! :eek: :rotfl:
  • beanielou
    Options
    Thats good news Cheery Daff :)

Coffee & cake sound awesome GP :)

• Greying_Pilgrim
    Options

In money saving news, I don't think I will need to eat for a week after yesterday's family 'do' :o

Exercise is definitely on the cards for today - I had begun to shift the weight, but I think it's all piled back on :(

I must listen to the Food Programme on R4 again - very interesting research into 'gut microbes' (soz to mention that over yer weetybix :o) and their ability to prevent/ameliorate disease. It's probably symptomatic of any inter-generation gathering, but it was crystal clear yesterday that it is paramount that both DH and I look after our health.....

I haven't drawn up my menu-plan for this week. I think I heard on the radio that it is going to be 'cooler' this week - but whether that is 'the end of summer' cooler, or just cooler in comparison to last week, is the nuance that I missed! :rotfl:I do however, need another budget-concious week spending-wise this week, otherwise the money won't last the month.

BG got gifted yet more hand-me-down toys and things yesterday, so the toybox is refreshed. I think it's very kind, but my rellies keep on telling me that they're 'glad to have the clear out' :rotfl:

Right, can't think of owt else MS, so best clear off outta here and practice mindful spending and clutter reduction :D

TTFN, Greying X

Bulk Fund April 0/£10

• beanielou
    Options
    Have a good week GP & friends :)

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure