The (not so old) Crocks Cafe -Part 2

Options

Comments

• Peanuckle
    Peanuckle Posts: 481 Forumite
    Options
    Anyone object if I hide in the corner and feel sorry for myself for just one day?

I really really need a shower or bath but since my DH is away at the moment that isn't gonna happen til at least tomorrow. Can't complain too much as I have a house full of teens (my 3 plus the lodger) who help with everything else, just can't bring myself to ask them to help me out of the bath :o

Guess it's time for me to admit that my MS is getting worse and I'm going to have to bite the bullet and visit the GP. Been avoiding them since I moved up here as half my medical records are lost and they want to have a meeting to fill the gaps. I think I'm more terrified of them wanting yet another lumber puncture if those results aren't there. The 4 I had originally were hell and I'm not going there again.
  • Indie_Kid
    Indie_Kid Posts: 23,077 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Peanuckle wrote: »
    Anyone object if I hide in the corner and feel sorry for myself for just one day?

We all have days like this, I'm sure!
    Sealed pot challenge #232. Gold stars from Sue-UU - :staradmin :staradmin £75.29 banked
    50p saver #40 £20 banked
    Virtual sealed pot #178 £80.25
  • ash4becks
    ash4becks Posts: 589 Forumite
    Options
    having a good day todays about bloming time but for the wrists and back but that will do me fine, would love to go out but trying to behave

just got my blue badge decsion thought was decined, so any help with this would be great, this was on a good day doped up to the 9's

justifacation of decision-

based on the information provided during your assessment it would appear that you are not dependent on the need to park close to any public building. it was evident that, while having a permanent disabliity, it does not result in an inability to walk or cause considerable difficulty in walking

the docs letter i included stated that i was in pain all of the time and felt that 50 meters is as far as i can walk

do you think this is a contradiction itself x
  • only_mee
    only_mee Posts: 2,367 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Peanuckle wrote: »
    No we all feel like that[STRIKE] some[/STRIKE] most of the time.
  • ash4becks
    ash4becks Posts: 589 Forumite
    Options
    only_mee wrote: »
    No we all feel like that[STRIKE] some[/STRIKE] most of the time.

and dont i no it too, trying to get out of it dispite the pain so hard but i really want this
  • Trialia
    Trialia Posts: 1,108 Forumite
    Options
    SingleSue wrote: »
    It is the overdoing it and then paying for it that is becoming the major problem right now, it used to be that I could bounce back much quicker but now, overdoing it for one afternoon and I pay for the rest of the week and am barely able to move without pain.

That's pretty much exactly how it is for me. I've had fibro for coming on 6 years now, and I've been using a cane for nearly two as my joint instability has gradually worsened.

It took me a while to come to terms with knowing that I cannot go past a certain limit. I think I mostly have. Maybe it's harder for you because you've been pushing yourself past them for longer? You're more used to it than I am? I can't bounce back at all well. If I go out at night and come home around midnight, I won't be properly awake until at least 11 the following morning, and I'll ache for the rest of that day if I overdid it even a little. I've learned to try to stop setting myself off like that. But it's hard. And a lot of people, because they can't look at me and see my illness, still don't believe me when I tell them I have to stop...

Peanuckle - I am very familiar with that feeling! My hair is in an awful state right now, needs washing, but I can't hold my arms up long enough, so I'm going to have to wait until my friend Kat can help me, and she's working at the moment...
    Homosexual, Unitarian, young, British, female, disabled. Do you need more?
  • Peanuckle
    Peanuckle Posts: 481 Forumite
    Options
    thanks guys, guess I'm just having one of those down days. Daughter spent last night with her boyfriends family after a party and she would normally help me with washing my hair to help me feel half human so tbh it hasn't seen a brush yet today.

Think it's time for a lay down as I seem to be sniping at people on here instead of just reading a post and muttering about it before closing the window.

*Peanuckle wanders off muttering about people using their brains instead of scaring folks and others who should stop seeing themselves as the centre of the universe (noone in here btw ;) )
  • Careful_with_that_Axe
    Options
    Peaknuckle. If things are difficult for you, bite the bullet and go to GP? Nothing will improve until you do? I totally understand how you may not be feeling up to it emotionally today, but sometime soon?

No-one can MAKE you have a lumbar puncture. Perhaps if you mention that you're so scared because of previous bad experiences and you don't think it'll achieve much, they'll listen to you?

I'm lucky that I have a fabulous GP but if you go, you may find you have one too?

In the meantime, here's a cushion to sit on and a nice cup of tea and some choccie cake. Don't spill crumbs please.
    I must go, I have lives to ruin and hearts to break :D
    My attitude depends on my Latitude 49° 55' 0" N 6° 19' 60 W
  • Indie_Kid
    Indie_Kid Posts: 23,077 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Invasion wrote: »
    Off you go to the doctors SH ;)

*sighs* There are no appointments until next week. Tonight is going to be fun - I need to have a shower and I currently have the use of one arm.
    Sealed pot challenge #232. Gold stars from Sue-UU - :staradmin :staradmin £75.29 banked
    50p saver #40 £20 banked
    Virtual sealed pot #178 £80.25
  • Breast_Cancer_Survivor
    Options
    sh1305 wrote: »
    *sighs* There are no appointments until next week. Tonight is going to be fun - I need to have a shower and I currently have the use of one arm.

If you stand in the garden I could hose you down with the hosepipe. ;)

:rotfl:

I need a shower/bath too but my problem isn't physical as in I can't do it but more mental as in I can't be bothered. :eek:

I feel really embarrassed admitting that. :(
    I'd rather regret the things I've done than regret the things I haven't done.
    Lucille Ball
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport