Car hire Malaga airport

Options
Booked car hire through Ryanair and just realised they need a credit card to collect the car. As I do not have a credit card does anyone know of a hire car company that would accept a debit card.

Comments

• EveryWhere
    EveryWhere Posts: 3,249 Forumite
    Options
    AVIS Malaga claims to do so, but check with them first. Don't neglect to obtain standalone car hire excess insurance.

Otherwise there are rental companies such as http://www.brunoscar.com/terms-malaga-car-hire , https://www.malagacar.com/uk/car/car-hire-malaga-airport-rates.html etc
  • Smevchenko
    Smevchenko Posts: 102 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    A friend of mine has just come back from Spain, and although they rented from Valencia, the same should apply.

They rented through Goldcar (unfortunately plenty of bad reviews about them), and they were happy to proceed with a debit card. They were required to take out the extra insurance though, which did bring the cost up, but in the end they had a trouble free rental, and it was still under £120 for the week, so not too bad.
  • rossco1701
    Options
    Recently booked Goldcar through Ryanair and even though I thought I had everything covered with excess insurance etc. I was wrong. I note Ryanair do not use them now on their website. Not booking the extra insurances with them at the desk means you get charged excess mileage. Not mentioned at the desk, not mentioned in their terms and conditions issued at the desk, but, apparently in the terms and conditions on their website. Complaining a waste of time as once their Customer Services team reply to your e-mail that is that. No more discussion. So 69 euros worse off. Also never saw the 8%surcharge for picking the car up from the terminal. Must have missed that too.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure