Options
2»

Comments

• Nearlyold
    Nearlyold Posts: 2,296 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 3 September 2018 at 4:04PM
    Options
    Ok so I just found a email address for Ron skinners and sons anyone have any idea what I could write in the email to them it would be much appreciated thanks

You tell them you wish to complain about the sale of PPI and tell them why you believe they should not have sold you PPI, or in other words why you believe it was miss sold to you.

From their website they are appointed representatives of ITC compliance who are a provider of compliance services for General Insurance and Credit for motor dealers (amongst other retailers)

If Ron Skinner were with them in 2008 you can expect they should have a reasonable paper trail to support the sale and if my memory serves me right they would not have provided an "advice" service for PPI, it would have been an "Information Only" service whereby they had to provide enough information for you to decide if PPI was suitable for you but did not have to advise you on its suitability.

ITC don't rollover on complaints either (ITC will handle the complaint for the dealer) - from ITC's website "ITC Compliance has handled many claims from claims management companies and has enjoyed an enviable success rate. Indeed, in one case, the claims management company had to pay us money. ITC currently have three full time members of staff combating complaints on behalf of its Network members!" (the exclamation mark is theirs)
  • Saradavies2013
    Options
    Hi Nearlyold so in other word there wouldn't be any point as they always win am I wright or have I just read wrong thanks
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    so in other word there wouldn't be any point as they always win
    2008 is very late in the PPI mis-selling era.

It wasn't very long after that Banks and other sellers ceased to offer the insurance at all.

They won't "always win", but a more recent sale will have a far better audit trail and stating that you didn't know you were paying PPI will just show that you didn't read or don't now remember what you signed your agreement to.

You'll probably have to be content with your £144.35 Plevin refund.
  • Saradavies2013
    Options
    Thanks for all your replies
  • Nearlyold
    Nearlyold Posts: 2,296 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 3 September 2018 at 4:39PM
    Options
    Hi Nearlyold so in other word there wouldn't be any point as they always win am I wright or have I just read wrong thanks

No they won't always "win", if you have factual sound complaint reasons then your complaint will probably be upheld (they are not going to waste time on defending the indefensible). If on the other hand you are basically making stuff up in the hope of a bit of a windfall they will stand their ground and will probably have the paperwork signed by you that backs them up.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure