Denying selling ppi

Options
Ok so I'm new here and am not sure how this works but here goes so back in 2008 I took hi out on a car at Ron skinner and the lender was black horse so back a few months ago I put in for ppi as I didn't even know I was paying it when I took out the hp so I received a letter back of black horse a few days ago and this is what they have said
I have reassessed your ppi concerns and I'm changing our original decision and offer.
Our records show that we did not sell you the ppi policy protecting your loan.the policy was sold by Ron skinner and son I'm therefore unable to review your ppi mis selling complaint in relation to your loan.as we did not hear from you or Ron skinner and son regarding the outcome of its review of its review of your ppi mis selling complaint.ive assessed whether the non disclosure of the level of commission and profit share payable from the ppi premium created a unfair relationship.
Although we aren't responsible for investigating the mis sold ppi protecting your loan we are responsible for the lending of the loan.
I've concluded that the available information indicates that a unfair relationship was created during the sale of your ppi.
To put things right we will pay £144.35 by 19th September.
I'm not to sure where to go with this now this is the first ever letter I have received of them and as for them saying as we did not hear from you or Ron skinner and sons regarding the outcome of its review I haven't been told anything about it I just filled the form in and then got this letter I'm not sure if they are just trying to fob me off any help will be greatly appreciated thanks.

Comments

• -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,579 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    They are correct. The seller of the PPI is liable so that would be Ron Skinner and you should have directed your complaint to them.
    Acept the offer, you won't get another one from them.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,605 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    The clue is in the allegation you are making. You are alleging a missale. So, who sold it to you? Blackhorse didnt. The car dealer did.

you complain to the seller. Not the lender (unless the lender was the seller).
    I'm not sure if they are just trying to fob me off

They are not. You accused the wrong company of wrongdoing.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Saradavies2013
    Options
    Thank you all so much for replying I wasn't to sure where to go from here I didn't think I could take Ron skinners for the ppi as they are not a bank I'm not sure weather or not it's worth the hassle of getting in touch with them I might just bite the bullet and be done with it thank you
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I didn't think I could take Ron skinners for the ppi as they are not a bank
    Being a bank or not is irrelevant to a mis-selling complaint. You are complaining that some insurance was mis-sold to you and so it is to the seller that you direct your concerns.

Backhorse have given you a Plevin refund of undisclosed commission, but you can still make a mis-selling complaint to the car dealer.
  • Saradavies2013
    Options
    Thanks so I just been going through all documents from 2008 and I have come across a pack that has St. Andrews group on it so I was thinking that it might be these I would need to contact for the ppi
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Thanks so I just been going through all documents from 2008 and I have come across a pack that has St. Andrews group on it so I was thinking that it might be these I would need to contact for the ppi

That's only if you need to make a claim.

It's Big Ron you need to go to for your mis selling complaint.
  • Saradavies2013
    Options
    Thanks I'm not sure how to go about doing it though I went on to the money saving expert on resolver and you have to pick from a drop down menu and they are not listed on there so I just filled it in for St. Andrews group think I should of waited for the replies on here I don't know how to cancel the resolver application on there now for St. Andrews group think I need to give up as I ain't got a clue what I'm doing LOL
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,605 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I didn't think I could take Ron skinners for the ppi as they are not a bank

Nor is Black Horse.
    I'm not sure weather or not it's worth the hassle of getting in touch with them I might just bite the bullet and be done with it thank you

You considered it worth the hassle to contact Black Horse. So, why not the car dealer?

That is who the insurance was through. You do not contact them either. You complain to the car dealer. You have been told this now multiple times. It isnt going to change. It is the seller that has the liaiblity for the complaint. No-one else.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Saradavies2013
    Options
    Ok so I just found a email address for Ron skinners and sons anyone have any idea what I could write in the email to them it would be much appreciated thanks
  • Saradavies2013
    Options
    Dunstonh I now I been told multiple times but all this was done before I read posts and black horse was just a quick app
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure