New kitchens - howdens, wren or benchmarx?

Options

Comments

• vegasvisitor
    vegasvisitor Posts: 2,295 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    PWL - I tried to reply to your Private Message but your inbox is full.

I can't remember how much discount we got, but we never tried to get more. We were happy that the person who let us use their account gave us their full discount, so we didn't want to rock the boat by asking for more.

If you search my forum posts you'll probably see what discount we got. Someone encouraged me to ask for more when I posted it, but I thought it was a fair price to be honest.
  • Steve_the_fitter
    Options
    Out of the 3 I prefer Benchmarx. Mainly because they have a solid back which Im pretty sure the other 2 dont. They have some nice ranges as well. As has been said if you dont mind ordering of the internet Diy-kitchens are very good. Their carcasses are top class and their doors are very good as well
  • Doozergirl
    Doozergirl Posts: 33,850 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    PWL - ditto to Lesley, I tried to reply but your inbox is full so you need to clear some before you can receive and I can already see where you can save. If you send me a quick note when you've cleared out, I've saved my reply so will knock it back to you.
    Everything that is supposed to be in heaven is already here on earth.
  • pwl
    pwl Posts: 100 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    lesley74 wrote: »
    PWL - I tried to reply to your Private Message but your inbox is full.

I can't remember how much discount we got, but we never tried to get more. We were happy that the person who let us use their account gave us their full discount, so we didn't want to rock the boat by asking for more.

If you search my forum posts you'll probably see what discount we got. Someone encouraged me to ask for more when I posted it, but I thought it was a fair price to be honest.

Thanks Lesley.

What range did you go for?

I have freed up some space in my inbox, apologies!
  • pwl
    pwl Posts: 100 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Doozergirl wrote: »
    PWL - ditto to Lesley, I tried to reply but your inbox is full so you need to clear some before you can receive and I can already see where you can save. If you send me a quick note when you've cleared out, I've saved my reply so will knock it back to you.

Doozergirl, apologies again, have now cleared plenty of space in my inbox! Look forward to hearing from you, thanks again, much appreciated.
  • mrsspinky
    Options
    Real mixed reviews on here about most kitchen suppliers so very hard to make a decision. We have just bought a kitchen through Wren and so far we have been very impressed.

We visited the Southampton branch and we have chosen the Eliot range which is cream gloss; to ensure our design was correct we had 3/4 appointments to check and rejig what we wanted and have found the staff very knowledgable and helpful. We had quotes from 4 companies including Wickes and Wren were the cheapest however that is not the reason we chose them my husband is from a carpentry background and when we compared quality of product Wren stood outby far so they could have been more expensive and I think we would have still gone with them. Their units come ready built unlike Wickes which will be great for saving time. We have only bought the units from them as I have found the sink, appliances and worktop cheaper elsewhere and we are also fitting the kitchen ourselves.

I did raise some of the negative reviews I had found to the store and they explained that recently they have gone through some company structure changes and they are now independant of their parent company ebooker and now have their own computer systems etc which has caused a few teething problems which should be sorted now and the member of staff we bought through has assured us even once we take deleivery of the kitchen if we have any problems she will be happy to help

I will update once fitted with a final review lets hope it is all plain sailing
  • martinwazlo
    Options
    I have spent a year looking for a kitchen to suit me, i have a large but funny kitchen (4200 x 3600) with a gas and water meter stuck in odd places.
    I visited the wren store at Howden there were no signs but i saw the big shed and followed it.
    When i got there i walked in the showroom to be surprised by a VAST amount of kitchens, by far the best showroom i had seen. The staff just let us go in and get on with it, he came over after 10mins to see if we wee ok but wasn't pushy at all. My favorite thing was their comparison wall and price compare tool.. I have done 365 days worth of homework so knew they were telling the truth.
    What won it for me was the sheer quality of the product, design, designer, and company.
    I arranged my own fitter and he has sang wrens praises as they deliver everything prebuilt in boxes. He had recently fitted a Howdens and said what a joke they are.
    This morning the kitchen is complete... WOW.
    We are amazed, its beautiful and very practical.
    I thoroughly recommend you at least see what these guys have to offer, i will be telling people for many years to come, how after of been put through a year of comparing (all by the missus of course:rotfl:) these guys really did the works. Party at mine tonight and i dont plan on leaving the kitchen all night..
    Happy days
  • Leif
    Leif Posts: 3,727 Forumite
    Options
    There is a whiff of a ham based meat product somewhere near ...

What sort of price do people pay for these kitchens assuming a typical 3m by 3m kitchen or similar, and either basic doors or solid wood?
    Warning: This forum may contain nuts.
  • sadsod
    sadsod Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options
    I got a quote from them for 5 grand fitted to include an oven hob and extractor for a 2.8x2.8 kitchen total of 14units and expensive sink (400)frank mythos.
    There own bradded oven etc but a bit worried to go ahead anyone had them fit for them?
  • sayahu
    sayahu Posts: 206 Forumite
    Options
    Get the 3 companies you want to come along on the same day but not the same time, and get them to do their designs and measurements. You should get a quote withing 24hours (depending how busy they are).

And if you like a kitchen style from a certain company but the price is high, take their plan and measurements down to a local kitchen supplier who may include fitting in that price or give you a discount.

You can also get similar kitchen styles through Wickes and B&Q.

It's what we tell our clients to do (ofcourse if they want us to do the running and chasing then we charge for the survice) as we perfer not to supply kitchens unless they want straight forward plain simple kitchens.

BUT make sure you trust your fitter, check previous works, no point spending all that and then not getting the effect you hoped due to shoddy workmanship.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure