DRO time frame

Options

Comments

• luminay
    luminay Posts: 7 Forumite
    edited 26 March 2019 at 8:31AM
    Options
    Thanks, I'll keep you updated as well.

I've got a feeling they might be processed today.

I've still not been able to work out if the Insolvency Register is updated live or if there's a delay.

I'm just wondering if there's any point in checking the register 10 times a day like I have been doing. :rotfl:

I'm sure we'll both be looking back at this period in six months' time and wondering what all the fuss was about!

Good luck.
  • fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,499 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Options
    As far as I know the register is updated at around 6 a.m. each day, with the previous day's decisions.
  • luminay
    Options
    Thanks for the update fatbelly. I think you were the helpful user I referred to in my other post.

If it's only updated once a day in a batch, I think I'm going a bit overboard checking multiple times a day.

Could I just pick your brain while you're here?

A couple of my accounts have added interest and charges since the day the DRO was submitted to the OR (in the last few days). That means that total debt figure is now slightly over the figure the OR has, but my total is still well under the 20k limit.

Does that mean my application will now be refused? Will I still owe the difference between the figures submitted to the OR and the new balances?

Thanks!
  • fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,499 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Options
    The application will go through fine and there's 99% likelihood that all your debts will be written off after 12 months.

Technically they could pursue you for the difference if the extra was there on the 'day of determination' - a tricky day to calculate because as you've found, you can't predict when your DRO application will be accepted.

I've never known anyone be chased for the difference (yet)
  • luminay
    edited 26 March 2019 at 11:06AM
    Options
    Thanks fatbelly, that's what I suspected.

Much appreciated.
  • luminay
    Options
    Hi Samlou,

Just wanted to let you know that I've just received an email from my approved intermediary to say that my DRO has been approved today.

I'm so relieved! If yours hasn't been approved yet, I'm sure it will be very shortly.

I'm not yet on the insolvency register, so it definitely updates as a batch overnight instead of being updated live.

Anyway, just wanted to let you know so you know things are definitely ticking over at the Insolvency Service.

Good luck!
  • Samlou
    Samlou Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you for letting me know! Still nothing as of yet but I’m holding hope! So happy you can move forward now! Wishing you all the best for your ‘new beginning’:D
  • luminay
    Options
    Thank you!

I think it's going to take me a while to get out of the mindset of constantly struggling with debt, but the future is definitely a lot brighter.

Best of luck to you. I hope your DRO comes through soon.
  • Samlou
    Samlou Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    I’m on the register this morning guys! Thanks for all your help :D.
  • luminay
    Options
    That's great news! Me too!
    I told you I had a feeling our applications would be processed yesterday! :T

It was nice sharing the horror of waiting with you. :D

Best of luck for the future!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family