Isle of Wight Ferry

Options
Ferries to the Isle of Wight are mind-bogglingly expensive .
Any good tips on how to get the cost down?

Comments

• elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,750 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    You used to be able to use Tesco clubcard vouchers on wightlink at 3x face value. Might be worth checking if that's still the case. Cashback sites?
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • JGB1955
    JGB1955 Posts: 3,481 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Are you looking at car or foot passenger prices? Which route? When? For how long - day trip or a week?
    #2 Saving for Christmas 2024 - £1 a day challenge. £131 of £366
  • julie777
    julie777 Posts: 340 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    elsien wrote: »
    You used to be able to use Tesco clubcard vouchers on wightlink at 3x face value. Might be worth checking if that's still the case. Cashback sites?

That was inspired!
    I never thought of looking there!
    They still have an offer of 3x voucher value.
    And I have enough points for one car!
    Just got to find the best price for the second car now...........

Thank you so much :):j:T
  • julie777
    julie777 Posts: 340 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    JGB1955 wrote: »
    Are you looking at car or foot passenger prices? Which route? When? For how long - day trip or a week?

Taking 2 cars for 5 adults.
    Our cars are small and won't accommodate all 5 together.
    We are going for a week Friday to Friday as that looked cheaper than Saturday sailings. Lymington is our nearest departure point.
    Thanks for your reply. :)
  • JulieM
    JulieM Posts: 753 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Newshound! I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 24 January 2020 at 6:34PM
    Options
    There was a code in this month's Waitrose magazine, unfortunately I put it in the recycling but maybe someone else can help. It was in the holiday section at the back of the magazine, I think it was a Red Funnel discount on bookings made by 31 January. It was something obvious like Waitrose20, maybe you could try this.

You could also have a look at https://www.isleofwightguru.co.uk, there are some discount codes on there.
  • wymondham
    wymondham Posts: 6,354 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    This doesn't help, but just in case anyone is interested the Isle of Wight Ferries are most expensive in the world, cost per mile....
  • JulieM
    JulieM Posts: 753 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Newshound! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    wymondham wrote: »
    This doesn't help, but just in case anyone is interested the Isle of Wight Ferries are most expensive in the world, cost per mile....
    Which is the very reason for posting discount codes on here. I've no idea of the cost as I've never used the ferry or been to the Isle of Wight but I know that people ask for codes from time to time so if I come across one I might as well share it.

Incidentally, I got hold of another copy of the Waitrose magazine and the code is WAITROSE 25. 25% off Red Funnel when booked before 31 January.
  • Green_hopeful
    Options
    Sign up to get red Funnel offers. They send out deals quite regularly. Especially in the winter. They also have a loyalty card where you can collect points. Small amounts but you can use it in the cafes onboard.
  • alrewas
    alrewas Posts: 72 Forumite
    Options
    dont' know if your sorted but we get vouchers sent living on the island. Try 33uuagxy for 20% off
  • C_J
    C_J Posts: 3,040 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    It is worth checking with wherever you are staying on the IOW as I believe accommodation providers often have generous ferry discount codes they can let you have.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure