2»

Comments

• mm66
    mm66 Posts: 550 Forumite
    Options
    no receipt..unfortunately
  • virgin_moneysaver
    Options
    as you've completed an ATM dispute form with natwest they should pursue it with the Woolwich, but without a receipt it's your word against theirs - if the Woolwich come back after they 've checked, & the ATM balanced & the journal roll from the machine shows £500 withdrawn against your card it would be up to you to prove that you DIDN'T cash £500 which is gonna be pretty difficult without a till receipt - sorry if that's not what you want to hear - good luck - let us know the outcome
  • mm66
    Options
    I know...but they hold all the info. At this point their ATM department is even refusing to investigate and keeps saying it is not possible for the machine to do this.
  • jonesMUFCforever
    Options
    If your bank will not investigate the atm discrepancy - complain to their Customer services and tell them to issue you with a letter of deadlock - meaning that you can take your complaint to the Banking Ombudsman.
    Eric
  • wallace_3
    Options
    A friend of mine used her cashcard in an ATM, and although the money was debited from her account, the money never came out the ATM. The flap opened, but the money just was not there. She complained to the bank, and they were aware the ATM was playing up, and refunded her the next day.

So to say "the machine cannot do that" just is not true!
  • tuux1598g
    Options
    One thing I don't quite get...

Quote Natwest: "It is not possible for the ATM to do that"

If they can do no wrong, why do they have ATM discrepancy forms/procedures?
    Sorry for going slightly O/T and if I'm missing something here :)

Shaun
  • mm66
    Options
    That is what even the customer relations person said when i escalated the complaint. Anyways, havnt heard back from them.
  • jonesMUFCforever
    Options
    mm66 wrote:
    That is what even the customer relations person said when i escalated the complaint. Anyways, havnt heard back from them.

There is an inter bank agreement covering this but it may take 2 or 3 weeks for the Nat West to ask Woolwich to check the machine and get a reply.In some banks now the ATM 's are serviced by outside companies such as Securicor so it might be even longer before this dispute can be resolved.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure