Add your feedback on energy supplier Flow

Options

Comments

• frankie
    frankie Posts: 845 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Well, just had the e mail from Flow inviting me to enter my readings so that:
    'this will also ensure you're being charged the right amount for your home energy'

I have also, as requested attached photos of my meters showing the figures.

It now remains to be seen if Flow will get their act together and bill the correct amounts.

Live in hope!
  • Reb16
    Options
    I switched from OVO, who were excellent, purely down to the fact that I'd be saving a lot of money each month with a new provider. The switch itself didn't seem too bad with the exception that my meter readings weren't initially accepted. I read my meters on a regular basis and also keep a log for my own records so was somewhat surprised to see different readings entered. I emailed Flow Energy and received a reply which didn't really answer my questions plus I got some weird response that they had to send my readings to a third party for them to be verified. Who? Why? How?!

I went to submit further readings online today (my previous ones were in November) only to find different readings added and the alleged dates being September for gas and ... I kid you not ... 2005 for electric. Seriously !!!!!!!!! :wall:

When stuff like this goes wrong it makes me wonder what else isn't right. I'm all for giving new start-ups a chance but there are only so many hiccups I can put up with. I'm seriously considering paying the exit fees and moving to another provider.
  • ebc
    ebc Posts: 156 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Account 2130 0031 - submitted GAS readings ignored AGAIN!

Dear FLOW REP - please can you actually explain WHY this problem is still occurring.
    Last month your cust services told me the problem was because I submitted the readings too late in the month to be verified. This month I submitted readings on 21-nov as requested but STILL THEY ARE IGNORED.

Please can you find out WHY this is still happening after 8 months rather than try and palm us off with the same general excuses.
  • frankie
    Options
    OMG!! They have got my readings for the 25th November entered.

Hopefully things will now be correct until I leave on the end of March, the all I will have to do is fight for my credit.
  • ColinB
    ColinB Posts: 70 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    ColinB wrote: »

I have now raised a formal complaint about this issue being ongoing, I'll post on here the outcome of that.

Despite asking several times for an explanation, Flow have not provided that to my satisfaction. To summarise the responses:

"October’s statement didn’t include the validated read as the read from 25/10 wasn’t sent through MRV/XOSEVE until 09/11. The read from 25/11 has validated OK and will show on November’s statement. In short, though there was a delay in the read's validation last month, the issue looks to have been resolved and your read will appear as it should on the next statement."

And when I pressed them about why the delay happened, I got this:

"... the validation process is dependant on a system that is not controlled by Flow but by the third party who hold your meter read history. All that any supplier can do is expect that a customer's read will be validated in time to be used for billing purposes when their regular bill-run takes place."

Flow are clearly unwilling to provide a proper explanation about this, and prefer to blame some 3rd party (presumably that's "MRV/XOSEVE", whoever or whatever that is). I also note that there is no assurance here that this 3rd party will not affect billing in future.

However, more positively, my December statement does indeed include the reading I submitted on 25 Nov as they promised. Being slightly cynical about this, I wonder whether my complaint meant that this particular statement got special attention. We'll see what happens next month.
  • ebc
    Options
    Glad you two now have correct Gas bills from FLOW.

Why is my December bill still using estimates for Gas ??
    Acct 2130 0031

Admittedly the estimates are getting closer to my actual reading as the Nov estimate was 104 units gas used, whereas the Dec bill is only 25 units used so someone is trying to get the estimates closer to actual total
    BUT ITS STILL NOT USING MY GAS READINGS SUBMITTED ON 21-NOV.
  • frankie
    Options
    ColinB wrote: »

"... the validation process is dependant on a system that is not controlled by Flow but by the third party who hold your meter read history. All that any supplier can do is expect that a customer's read will be validated in time to be used for billing purposes when their regular bill-run takes place."

Flow are clearly unwilling to provide a proper explanation about this, and prefer to blame some 3rd party (presumably that's "MRV/XOSEVE", whoever or whatever that is). I also note that there is no assurance here that this 3rd party will not affect billing in future.

Reading between the lines it would appear that all energy suppliers use a third party validation company?

Begs the question, why are there so few complaints from other energy suppliers users in this regard.

Or perhaps they mean it is only budget suppliers who use this system?

Can't get an answer from them regarding this.

Ah well soon be March!
  • ebc
    Options
    I complained about this again yesterday and the reply from FLOW today is :

[FONT=&quot]I have looked at the account and we did receive a meter reading from the 21/11/2017 and for some reason this was not validated by the industry. I believe this is why it was not showing on your statement

[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]No explanation WHY it was not validated ! which gives me no confidence that it will be right next month either .

[/FONT]
  • Former_Flow_Energy
    Former_Flow_Energy Posts: 83 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Hello,

I apologise that you are unhappy with the service you have received.

The company we use to validate readings is Morrison Data Services. It is an industry standard to get readings validated to ensures that your readings run inline with your previous readings and that we are entering your readings correctly.

Please can I kindly request that you provide us with your Flow account number via Facebook(https://www.facebook.com/FlowEnergyUK), Twitter (https://twitter.com/FlowEnergy_Help), email or by phone. Once we have received this information we can investigate this further.

If you have any questions, you can call us on: 0800 092 02 02

Or email: help@flowenergy.uk.com

We are open Monday to Friday 8:00am until 20:00pm

Warm regards,

The Flow team

Reb16 wrote: »
    I switched from OVO, who were excellent, purely down to the fact that I'd be saving a lot of money each month with a new provider. The switch itself didn't seem too bad with the exception that my meter readings weren't initially accepted. I read my meters on a regular basis and also keep a log for my own records so was somewhat surprised to see different readings entered. I emailed Flow Energy and received a reply which didn't really answer my questions plus I got some weird response that they had to send my readings to a third party for them to be verified. Who? Why? How?!

I went to submit further readings online today (my previous ones were in November) only to find different readings added and the alleged dates being September for gas and ... I kid you not ... 2005 for electric. Seriously !!!!!!!!! :wall:

When stuff like this goes wrong it makes me wonder what else isn't right. I'm all for giving new start-ups a chance but there are only so many hiccups I can put up with. I'm seriously considering paying the exit fees and moving to another provider.
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Flow Energy. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE
  • Former_Flow_Energy
    Former_Flow_Energy Posts: 83 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Hello,

Thank you for your feedback and for providing your account number.

I have looked into this for you and I have sent you an email regarding to your issue.

If you have any questions, you can call us on: 0800 092 02 02

Or email: help@flowenergy.uk.com

We are open Monday to Friday 8:00am until 20:00pm

Warm regards,

The Flow team
    ebc wrote: »
    Account 2130 0031 - submitted GAS readings ignored AGAIN!

Dear FLOW REP - please can you actually explain WHY this problem is still occurring.
    Last month your cust services told me the problem was because I submitted the readings too late in the month to be verified. This month I submitted readings on 21-nov as requested but STILL THEY ARE IGNORED.

Please can you find out WHY this is still happening after 8 months rather than try and palm us off with the same general excuses.
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Flow Energy. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure