Forum updates

Options

Comments

• StumpyPumpy
    StumpyPumpy Posts: 1,458 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    mgdavid wrote: »
    The blue version is simply unreadable by my eyes; like 10% of the male population I have colour-deficient eyesight. Unfortunately I don't believe it can be recognised as a disability otherwise we could use the disability discrimination act to get what we want and need.
    As much as I dislike the blue skin, it is nonsense to think that the disability discrimination act could be used to get MSE to do anything. It simply would not apply to this site, or just about anything they do. If MSE wanted lime green text on a purple background, they could have it (not a design suggestion) all we could do is vote with our virtual feet and not visit the site again.

SP
    Come on people, it's not difficult: lose means to be unable to find, loose means not being fixed in place. So if you have a hole in your pocket you might lose your loose change.
  • GunJack
    GunJack Posts: 11,673 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Original green skin please, that blue/white one is carp, be it on a desktop, laptop, tablet or phone - it just doesn't work :mad:

If the MSE team values long-standing members being part of the community, it will find a way to keep the green skin, along with many, many highly respected members of the community.

Other forums I am a member of can keep up with security without messing with the layout/view/skins etc., so come on MSE, I rather like hanging around in here, so don't wreck it :)
    ......Gettin' There, Wherever There is......

I have a dodgy "i" key, so ignore spelling errors due to "i" issues, ...I blame Apple :D
  • oldagetraveller
    oldagetraveller Posts: 3,653 Forumite
    edited 9 April 2018 at 9:54AM
    Options
    I reverted back to the green skin as soon as possible after the silly change. The new version is obviously meant to favour mobile phones and tablets and only occupies the centre third of a p.c. monitor screen?
    The green skin and original version are far more user friendly (for me!) much more pleasing to the eye and fills the whole screen width.
    PLEASE don't remove the option.
    Will MSE ignore the views expressed on the now 12 pages? - probably.:(
  • Pyxis
    Pyxis Posts: 46,077 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I reverted back to the green skin as soon as possible after the silly change. The new version is obviously meant to favour mobile phones and tablets and only occupies the centre third of a p.c. monitor screen?
    The green skin and original version are far more user friendly (for me!) much more pleasing to the eye and fills the whole screen width.
    PLEASE don't remove the option.
    Don't worry...........
    The latest green skin is going to be kept. It's the older skins that are going.

There will then only be two skins available...... the new blue one and the latest green one (New Masthead, Fixed Width).

Re. the blue being suitable for mobiles/tables, I only use a tablet, and I find the blue one chops the right-hand side of posts off.

For that and other reasons, like you, I soon went back to the green. If some things are a bit small, it's easy enough to enlarge it with a two finger swipe.
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    I love :eek:

• zolablue25
    zolablue25 Posts: 1,652 Forumite
    Options
    Keep it green!
  • bob_a_builder
    bob_a_builder Posts: 2,303 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    And stretchy ....
  • VoucherMan
    VoucherMan Posts: 2,771 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options

Given that MSE Andrea has already mentioned that there are 'only' about 1000 of us who still use the older skins (including stretchy), I don't think 12 pages (220+ posts) will make the slightest difference.

Newer users don't have the opportunity to use the older options, so don't know what they're missing, and those of us who can't adapt are of little use anyway.:(
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    VoucherMan wrote: »

those of us who can't adapt are of little use anyway.:(
    T'was always thus.

Darwinism in action. :)
  • Pyxis
    Pyxis Posts: 46,077 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Davesnave wrote: »
    T'was always thus.

Darwinism in action. :)

Well, maybe! :D

But sometimes some people knows what they likes, and they likes what they knows, and sometimes they're right! :D:D

Look at the way food advice goes around in circles, and education methods go around in circles!
    Sometimes new things are better, sometimes they ain't! :rotfl: :rotfl:
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    I love :eek:

• Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Pyxis wrote: »
    Sometimes new things are better, sometimes they ain't! :rotfl: :rotfl:
    Ah, well, I didn't make any judgements about 'better.' I'm on green too.

But even if the Forum changed to pink with yellow spots, like Mr Blobby, I'd adapt to it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure