ESA - MR help

I was placed in CB ESA (SG) about three years ago without F2F assessment. Recently had a reassessment and placed in CB ESA (WRAG) without F2F assessment, both times sent medical letters.

I believe at least one factor fits me in support descriptors.

I am still in the first month, and would like to do a mandatory reconsideration in writing. I am clueless in the next steps.

What do I need to do (ask for a form)?
What do I ask for reports, etc?

If my decision remains unchanged, what happens after 365 days? Another reassessment?

Any other help will be great.

Thanks

Comments

• poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,947 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    tazwhoever wrote: »
    I was placed in CB ESA (SG) about three years ago without F2F assessment. Recently had a reassessment and placed in CB ESA (WRAG) without F2F assessment, both times sent medical letters.

I believe at least one factor fits me in support descriptors.

I am still in the first month, and would like to do a mandatory reconsideration in writing. I am clueless in the next steps.

What do I need to do (ask for a form)?
    What do I ask for reports, etc?

If my decision remains unchanged, what happens after 365 days? Another reassessment?

Any other help will be great.

Thanks
    You need to put the MR request in writing stating the reasons why you think you should be placed into the Support Group.

If the decision remains unchanged after the MR and most do then your ESA will stop after 365 days. You'll continue to receive NI credits. If you take it to Tribunal and the decision is to place you into the Support Group, you money will be backdated to the date it stopped. Good luck.
  • poppy12345
    The 365 days may include the time you were on assessment rate when you first claimed ESA, although i'm not 100% sure on this. Others will reply i'm sure when they see this.
  • tazwhoever
    tazwhoever Posts: 1,326 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    poppy12345 - thanks.

Do I just get plain paper and write my reasons to be placed in support group?

Do I need to get hold of previous reports written by ESA?

Thanks
  • poppy12345
    tazwhoever wrote: »
    poppy12345 - thanks.

Do I just get plain paper and write my reasons to be placed in support group?

Do I need to get hold of previous reports written by ESA?

Thanks
    Writing paper because it's just a letter of request. It would help to know the reasons you were previously in the Support Group. If you know the reason then there's no need for the previous assessment reports.
  • tazwhoever
    poppy12345 wrote: »
    Writing paper because it's just a letter of request. It would help to know the reasons you were previously in the Support Group. If you know the reason then there's no need for the previous assessment reports.

To be sure, is it OK to ask for the reports before writing the MR letter?
  • Ames
    Ames Posts: 18,459 Forumite
    Just to add to what Sunny Intervals said, it's incredibly rare for a decision to be changed at MR stage. So getting the letter in and that process started asap is key.

Especially as you're on CB and the 365 days are ticking down I wouldn't hang around - just get the MR in (obviously do as good a job as you can on the letter with plenty of detail), and start gathering evidence for an appeal. Better to get a good result at MR and regret wasting time preparing for an appeal that won't happen, than the opposite. Then if/when the MR fails you're all set to get the tribunal request in.
    Unless I say otherwise 'you' means the general you not you specifically.
  • tazwhoever
    From the recent decision letter, it seems CB will end in few months time.
    Originally, few years ago I was on CB plus IR top up until my partner found PT work. Since then I have been on only CB.

Will I automatically move over to IR or will I need to do something?
  • tazwhoever wrote: »
    From the recent decision letter, it seems CB will end in few months time.
    Originally, few years ago I was on CB plus IR top up until my partner found PT work. Since then I have been on only CB.

Will I automatically move over to IR or will I need to do something?

Is your partner still working? How many hours?
  • tazwhoever
    _shel wrote: »
    Is your partner still working? How many hours?

7 hours p/w
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport