DWP Interview with Compliance Officer

Options

Comments

• anniecave
    anniecave Posts: 2,442 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Rua wrote: »
    I had a compliance interview over a year ago. DWP had already suspended my pension credit on 03 July 2017. I had 0 notification of outcome so had 0 to challenge.
    Attempts to get a response got nowhere. In desperation filled in a new app for pc & put in notes section about the above and asked for pc to be backdated from 10 July 2017. That got a swift response. Ive been called for another compliance interview in 2 days time. Can i take my own written statement rather than sign what they produce & can they introduce any new material? I feel that if they felt it right to stop what is after all what the govt says brings my income up to what one needs to live on, they should have notified me of that over a year ago. If they're bringing new stuff in, I should be told what. For tbe last interview they had me produce all bank acc statements going back to 2014. Now they want all for the last 6 months.

As long as you've been honest about your income and any savings you have and declared all relevant information to them, then there shouldn't be anything to worry about. Is the pension credit amount they've been paying you the correct amount for your income?

They may just have selected you to do a check on your circumstances but this doesn't necessarily mean there is anything wrong or that they suspect you of doing anything wrong.
    Indecision is the key to flexibility :)
  • Rua
    Rua Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    They haven't been paying ANYTHING for over a year!
  • Heidi20112011
    Options
    Can anyone help?

My husband got a letter saying someone will be calling for a DWP housing benefit compliance telephone interview

Has anyone had a telephone interview? What did they ask? What info do we need to have at hand?

Many thanks
  • kingfisherblue
    Options
    Can anyone help?

My husband got a letter saying someone will be calling for a DWP housing benefit compliance telephone interview

Has anyone had a telephone interview? What did they ask? What info do we need to have at hand?

Many thanks
    Firstly, I would suggest posting your own thread, as most people will read the posts above and your post may be missed (I didn't notice immediately that the earlier posts were from a couple of months ago).

Secondly, a compliance interview is to obtain information, and may go no further. They just need further information. Have you had any change in circumstances recently?

I would have details of any benefits at hand, including amounts and dates paid. Also details of any wages earned along with dates and amounts.

Others may be able to advise better than I can.
  • Heidi20112011
    Options
    I know I'm stupid lol but how do I start my own thread? Literally just joined an hour ago
  • TELLIT01
    TELLIT01 Posts: 16,487 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    I know I'm stupid lol but how do I start my own thread? Literally just joined an hour ago

Not stupid at all. If you look at the top of the forum, when in the topic list, you will see 'New Thread' at the top left hand side. Click on that.
  • Tamzy93
    Options
    Hey was hoping someone could help me..
    I have received a letter from the compliance team to say they need too see me in order to clarify some information about my claim as I may not have reported any changes..
    What is this about?
  • tomtom256
    tomtom256 Posts: 2,218 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Tamzy93 wrote: »
    I have received a letter from the compliance team to say they need too see me in order to clarify some information about my claim as I may not have reported any changes..
    What is this about?

Exactly what the letter states, but you need to open your own thread.
  • p00hsticks
    p00hsticks Posts: 12,826 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Tamzy93 wrote: »
    What is this about?

Have you recently changed address ?
    Had someone move in with you ?
    Had an increase or decrease in savings ?

And if so, did you inform DWP about it ....

There's a benefit board that you are better off posting your query on - if you go onto the board you should see a 'new thread' button towards the top left (below the board heading)

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=139
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    They did this to me once and I just had to sign something saying I've never had savings over 6k. Should be fine providing all your details are honest. Maybe bring a bank statement incase that is what it's about but I didn't and they were fine with me just signing a declaration thingy.

But you do need to go, or your benefit can be stopped like stated in the letter.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback