Add your feedback on energy supplier Iresa

Options

Comments

• hoppytherabbit
    Options
    Funny enough Iresa has not sorted my electric readings either. Gas shows on my account but some 8 weeks in and electric is still being sorted out apparently. I have emailed them several times but cannot see what the hold up is. I sent Iresa and my old company the same readings on the change over day. Should be simply enough.
  • hoppytherabbit
    Options
    I am having real issues with Iresa. They tell me they have estimated my electric meter readings at switch over rather that using the genuine readings I have given them and my old supplier. The difference is 200 more than the actual reading. They say they cannot do anything about this now as they sent them over to my old supplier already? I am really not impressed !
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I am having real issues with Iresa. They tell me they have estimated my electric meter readings at switch over rather that using the genuine readings I have given them and my old supplier. The difference is 200 more than the actual reading. They say they cannot do anything about this now as they sent them over to my old supplier already? I am really not impressed !

Fret not. All meter readings on switch go to a third-party for validation based on your past usage. The validated readings are then passed back to the two suppliers to close and open your accounts. There are industry limits on how different these estimates can be from the readings that you provided. The limit for gas is 125CM3s. You will not pay for the energy twice and any difference will be in pence. Your electricity variation is well within industry norms. If anybody is at fault, it is the Data Collectors but they need actual meter readings on which to base their estimation of usage corrected for weather.

Do they trust me? The answer is NO. When energy prices are rising, people have been known to accidentally misread their meter in their favour!!
  • hoppytherabbit
    Options
    Hengus wrote: »
    Fret not. All meter readings on switch go to a third-party for validation based on your past usage. The validated readings are then passed back to the two suppliers to close and open your accounts. There are industry limits on how different these estimates can be from the readings that you provided. The limit for gas is 125CM3s. You will not pay for the energy twice and any difference will be in pence. Your electricity variation is well within industry norms. If anybody is at fault, it is the Data Collectors but they need actual meter readings on which to base their estimation of usage corrected for weather.

Do they trust me? The answer is NO. When energy prices are rising, people have been known to accidentally misread their meter in their favour!!

Surely if you give both companys the same reading on change over day they should use those? Make no sense to me.:eek:
  • System
    Options
    Surely if you give both companys the same reading on change over day they should use those? Make no sense to me.:eek:

It has always been this way. The gaining supplier is required to manage the switch: you do not need to contact your old supplier. The procedures are based on the fact that people lie; read the meter incorrectly or just do not bother. Give it a couple of years when smart meters allow supplier switching and you won't even be asked for a meter reading.
  • firsttimemover
    Options
    I've just come back on to provide my feedback and it seems I'm having a similar experience to Hoppy.

I'm just electric, so no gas to compare to, but my electric account doesn't seem to accept my readings. The (adjusted) opening meter readings are there, but each time I provide readings, it doesn't update on their account. I had a bill for 0 (actually +18p interest) on 30th November as I hadn't updated my readings, they didn't estimate it at least, and have provided 2 readings since then, one prompted by an email from them and another a couple of weeks ago when I realised this hadn't shown up on the account, and nothing! I've got the email confirmation of the two most recent reads, but not the first, but it looks like they haven't been validated by Iresa.

As I've got the readings and can easily keep track of usage/spend, it doesn't bother me, so I won't bother to chase just yet, maybe once a full quarter is up.

Am I right in thinking that Iresa should send bills monthly?
  • firsttimemover
    Options
    I also find it funny that when I found out my meter readings had been adjusted I searched and searched this forum (and elsewhere) to find out what was going on, and could find very little on the matter, yet there now appear to be 3 people on this thread that this has happened to with Iresa...
  • System
    Options
    I've just come back on to provide my feedback and it seems I'm having a similar experience to Hoppy.

I'm just electric, so no gas to compare to, but my electric account doesn't seem to accept my readings. The (adjusted) opening meter readings are there, but each time I provide readings, it doesn't update on their account. I had a bill for 0 (actually +18p interest) on 30th November as I hadn't updated my readings, they didn't estimate it at least, and have provided 2 readings since then, one prompted by an email from them and another a couple of weeks ago when I realised this hadn't shown up on the account, and nothing! I've got the email confirmation of the two most recent reads, but not the first, but it looks like they haven't been validated by Iresa.

As I've got the readings and can easily keep track of usage/spend, it doesn't bother me, so I won't bother to chase just yet, maybe once a full quarter is up.

Am I right in thinking that Iresa should send bills monthly?

Meter readings don't show up immediately: some days can pass. I submitted meter readings on the 31st December and got a bill yesterday based on the readings that I provIded. I suspect that if I had not given readings on the last day of the month, the bill would have used estimated readings.
  • firsttimemover
    Options
    My meter readings weren't used on my first bill (maybe because the CS agent I spoke to about a different matter told me to read them on the 28th of the month for the most accurate bills as it would cover a full month since my switch, which in hindsight probably meant it was too late for the generated bill!) but my last two were sent on the 20th Dec and 4th Jan and none of them are in my account, only the open meter readings and I haven't had a bill since the 30th Nov and I was expecting them monthly.

Like I say, I'll give it a few weeks before worrying too much about it, but just wanted to share my experience so far.
  • icharus
    icharus Posts: 103 Forumite
    Options
    Hengus wrote: »
    Meter readings don't show up immediately: some days can pass. I submitted meter readings on the 31st December and got a bill yesterday based on the readings that I provIded. I suspect that if I had not given readings on the last day of the month, the bill would have used estimated readings.

That is something I liked about EON - the speed of calculating meter readings.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure