Before-the-event legal insurance

Options
Hi all,

Can anyone recommend a good before-the-event legal insurance provider? I'm mainly interested in the clinical/medical negligence cover? I've decided that one simply cannot rely on the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman for any hint of justice (I have had numerous overwhelmingly negative experiences with them).

Sincere thanks in advance.

Comments

• agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    If you've had "numerous overwhelmingly negative experiences" then you either have significant medical issues already that insurers won't cover or you are at frequent risk of injury, which you might be able to find cover for but with your record I'd imagine it's extremey expensive. Insurers will not cover events that are expected to happen, which is what seems to be the case with you.
  • MrHeisenberg
    Options
    agrinnall wrote: »
    If you've had "numerous overwhelmingly negative experiences" then you either have significant medical issues already that insurers won't cover or you are at frequent risk of injury, which you might be able to find cover for but with your record I'd imagine it's extremey expensive. Insurers will not cover events that are expected to happen, which is what seems to be the case with you.

Actually, this type of an insurance is usually a bolt-on to contents or motor insurance. The fee is fixed.

I'm afraid I don't consider your post very helpful at all.
  • lisyloo
    lisyloo Posts: 29,625 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I use this company who are experienced and regulated by the FCA.

http://memonline.co.uk/home-legal-protection-insurance/

I dont know whether medical negligence is covered (it’s not stated).

Agrinnall’s post is correct to say that pre-existing problems will general not be covered insurance.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure