IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

County Court Letter about unpaid Parking ticket which I am Unaware of

Options
Hi,
I have received a letter on 19/01/2019 from County Court Business Centre asking me to pay 911.14 pounds due to an payment not done to Northern Parking Services, which I am totally unaware of, the letter states the charge is from 16/04/2016 to 18/01/2019 so from which I understood that the parking could have been of April, if thats the case I have never received a letter or a parking ticket for sure, however I have updated my address with the License but I am not sure if I had updated my V5 by then, ever since I have changed 2 cars and I have followed all the rules of DVLA by then, so I have no Idea how they had missed me, even If I assume the parking ticket had blown away due to wind or any other reasons, I have never received a letter or any sort of contact regarding the payment which I am totally unaware of, please can anyone advise what I need to do to get the payment avoid and also this should not affect my credit rating, please help. Thanks.

Comments

• KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,855 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Are you saying that you have received a Claim Form from the County Court Business Centre?
    If so, please tell us the Issue Date on that Claim Form.

If you have received something else, then please tell us what it is.

Also, if you have based your forum username on your real name, you would be wise to get your forum username changed to something very much more anonymous.

To help with that, you might like to read this short extract from The MSE Forum Guide - Frequently Asked Questions & Rules:
    Q. How can I change my username?

A.
    In most circumstances, this is not permitted.

The only reason we will change your username is if it puts your privacy at risk. This usually means you've inadvertently registered using your name, email address or something that gives away your identity within your username.

If you fall into this category, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com and request that it is changed, giving three alternative usernames in order of preference.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,489 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    911.14 pounds must be more than one PCN! Or is that a typo?

Show us the claim form, with the password and your name/address and car VRN covered.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    Is this a County court Judgement? If so, have you moved house in the last three years?
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • harish_kancharla
    Options
    Yes It is from County court business centre the issue date is 18 Jan 2019 and thanks for the advise i will change my username to anonymous. thank you
  • harish_kancharla
    Options
    I had just been confirmed from the Northern parking service that it is two PCN's for dates 15th APR 2016 and 16th APR 2016, and unfortunately the address from DVLA was not updated by me and the correspondence letter was sent to the old address, and after 2 odd years a letter from County court business centre has been sent to my new address...
  • harish_kancharla
    Options
    It is from County Court Business Centre the judgement is not passed on yet...
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    OK so you ha ve a CLAIM FORM? Yes or No?

£911-odd for just TWO tickets? Blimey

So you need to follow, today, now, the instructions in post 2 of the nebwies thread, to acknowlegd ehte claim ONLINE using the password listed
  • harish_kancharla
    Options
    Yes I have a claim form, but what am i suppose to do , should I challenge through some legal proceedings or I have to pay and settle the case, I am worried about my Credit rating and also the payment is alot they wanted full payment they aren't negotiating either for final settlement stating it is in Court, but at first place I am doubtful about the letter I received It looked more like a Xerox copy the ministry logo is a bit invisible.
  • harish_kancharla
    Options
    Having said that I did call Northern Parking Services and they say it true my case has been submitted to the DCB legal ltd...
  • Half_way
    Half_way Posts: 7,080 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    do not phone, never phone the scammers.
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure