IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Advice needed on uk parking control parkin charge

Hi
a parking ticket was issued on 27th July 2018 at 4.58am for being parked in a residents parking area . The driver has not responded to any of the paperwork sent so far.
Now a DRP has been sent for £160 stating if it’s not payed it will be court action
Advice is needed please. Isn’t 4.58am a bit early to be giving out parking tickets .

Comments

• beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Seymour54 wrote: »
    Hi
    a parking ticket was issued on 27th July 2018 at 4.58am for being parked in a residents parking area . The driver has not responded to any of the paperwork sent so far.
    Now a DRP has been sent for £160 stating if it’s not payed it will be court action
    Advice is needed please. Isn’t 4.58am a bit early to be giving out parking tickets .

At 4.58 am, you have a spy amongst you.
    UKPC offer spies the chance to earn commission
    as self ticketers .......

DRP ... THE RUBBISH DEBT COLLECTOR TRYING TO
    SCAM AN EXTRA £60 FROM YOU .....
    IGNORE THESE BPA SCAMMERS

THE £60 SCAM OPERATED BY DRP ?

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=74439905#post74439905
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Post Four of the Newbies Sticky covers DRP entirely. Please read it carefully, then the rest of the thread, so you are ready if UKPC ever try court.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,345 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    a parking ticket was issued on 27th July 2018 at 4.58am
    Isn’t 4.58am a bit early to be giving out parking tickets .
    On a warm and sunny bright morning in the middle of our hottest summer for over 40 years, when at that time in the morning the ticketer can earn his bonuses so easily, because most transgressors are fast asleep and he can hot-tail it from there before anyone realises they've been ticketed, so not having to face any flack. In fact he could be back in his bed, day's bonus earned, before you even get out of yours. Easy money. That's how the industry operates.
    The driver has not responded to any of the paperwork sent so far.
    Why didn't you?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • I’m getting more confused by the minute. On some threads I’ve read it states that UK PARKING CONTROL. Can NOT get names of registered keeper of the cars they give parking tickets to.but in this case it was NOT address to the KEEPER it was to there FULL NAME . so they must get the details from DVLA. As stated above the driver has not responded to any letters from UK PARKING CONTROL or DRP. the advice I’m looking for is should the driver contact uk parking control to appeal or Leave it . The parking charge was on the window screen of car so not sure about the neighbour spying . They must start work very early to be issuing tickets at 4.58am
    As for the DRP (debt recovery) am I right that I should ignore this letter
  • That’s a good question . a lot of threads advise not to appeal or get in contact .
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,345 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    On some threads I’ve read it states that UK PARKING CONTROL. Can NOT get names of registered keeper of the cars they give parking tickets to
    Where does it say that? Nowhere I'd suggest.
    in this case it was NOT address to the KEEPER it was to there FULL NAME . so they must get the details from DVLA.
    Of course they do - as they have for years and years.
    the advice I’m looking for is should the driver contact uk parking control to appeal or Leave it
    Too late. Ignore anything now (including guff from DRP) unless you get a Letter Before Court/Action from UKPC or their solicitors, or a real court claim from the Northampton CCBC.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    That’s a good question . a lot of threads advise not to appeal or get in contact .

An irrelevant question!

The Sticky is the clear answer - as reading it gives you the most consistent and up to date info.

Searching-out random threads runs the risk of turning-up horrendously outdated stuff, which is no use to anyone now.
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Im pretty sure if you go back before 2012 you can find suggestions to never appeal
    SInce then things have changed

Newbies thread. Read it. It is COMPLETELY up to date.
  • Where do I find sticky to read ?
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,633 Forumite
    Where do I find sticky to read ?
    One click of your browser's back button from here.

You are looking for the thread entitled:

**NEWBIES!! PRIVATE PARKING TICKET? OLD OR NEW? **READ THESE FAQS FIRST!** Thankyou!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure