Tesco new 1.35% rate (including bonus) Internet saver

Options

Comments

• eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,076 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    SG27 wrote: »
    I need somewhere to put my nationwide current account and regular savings money now its finished. Shame this account is annual interest. Ill probably go with BM
    Just out of curiosity, what's behind your aversion to annual interest? If you're talking about funds from a Nationwide current account and regular saver it's presumably 'only' a four-figure sum so I wouldn't have thought that monthly income of roughly 0.1% of that amount (a single-digit sum) would be significant enough to need to have in your hand every month?
  • The_Big_Bamboo
    Options
    Malchester wrote: »
    My Tesco Internet Saver rate has not increased. Also notice online that new accounts remain at 1.2% with the bonus rate reduced in line with the increase in variable rate. Crafty
    What’s happened to the much vaunted 1.35% interest rate then? …will it still happen? think_smiley_13.gif
  • The_Big_Bamboo
    Options
    Just read Martins update;…quote “Tesco has pulled the 1.35% deal for new customers from today, as we suspected. They will get an ongoing 1.2%, though Tesco tells us anyone who applied by close of play on Thursday will be moved to the 1.35% promised from today. “.

However, I applied successfully and opened an account for my wife on Weds. 29th Nov;…I’ve just logged into the account and it still says 1.2% . :(
  • richy4
    richy4 Posts: 146 Forumite
    Options
    I signed up and registered before today for this account and it still says 1.2% as the rate also.

Holding back on depositing majority of my funds in the account until they confirm it is 1.35%

Very sneaky of Tesco! Hope they stick to their word on raising it for customers before today.
  • clivep
    clivep Posts: 577 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Malchester wrote: »
    My Tesco Internet Saver rate has not increased. Also notice online that new accounts remain at 1.2% with the bonus rate reduced in line with the increase in variable rate. Crafty

"The Standard Interest Rate is a variable interest rate so we may change it at any time.
    The Bonus Interest Rate is fixed for 12 months and cannot change during this period".

Standard Interest Rate has gone up from 0.40% to 0.55% today.
    If you opened the account before today with the 0.80% bonus rate then this will be paying 1.35% total according to the t's & c's.

None of my Tesco Savings accounts are showing the uplift of 0.15% when viewed online. One hopes that this will be corrected in the near future by Tesco.
  • sprintstar
    Options
    I opened a new one on 19th November specifically to get the 1.35% rate from 1st Decembers onwards, but it's also still showing 1.20% today.

Tesco definitely did say they were passing on .15% increase to these accounts after the base rate change, surely this isn't something they can now go back on for accounts opened prior to today?
  • ToTo_Man
    ToTo_Man Posts: 126 Forumite
    Options
    Mine's still showing 1.2% too despite having opened it on 29th November...
  • ColdIron
    ColdIron Posts: 9,054 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I phoned them earlier and they confirmed that accounts opened prior to today that had the 0.80% fixed bonus rates would receive the new 0.55% standard rate but that the web site doesn't yet reflect that and should be updated within 24 hours. I expect they will be very busy today
  • The_Book-keeper
    Options
    Opened 1 of these this week, expecting the rate to increase today (1st December) but it is still showing at 1.2%?
  • ToTo_Man
    ToTo_Man Posts: 126 Forumite
    Options
    Opened 1 of these this week, expecting the rate to increase today (1st December) but it is still showing at 1.2%?

See post #39.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport