Tesco new 1.35% rate (including bonus) Internet saver

Options

Comments

• ColdIron
    ColdIron Posts: 9,058 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    They are raising the standard interest rate which is variable, unlike the bonus rate which is fixed, so existing customers should see the increase automatically. I don't know if some of my original accounts, opened early 2014, will be affected but can only assume so
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Nick_C wrote: »
    I'm an existing Tesco customer. I have a current account, and an old savings account paying 0.4%. I opened the new account on line on Monday. Transferred money into it straight away. I now can't withdraw from the account!

Someone suggested on another thread that Tesco make you wait [STRIKE]24[/STRIKE] 48 hours before letting you withdraw money, but this time had passed, it's not in the T&Cs, it's meant to be instant access, and the money shows as available. I just can't withdraw it!

I imagine a phone call will sort this out.
    Presumably you've tried to transfer it to one of your other accounts?
  • harz99
    harz99 Posts: 3,642 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Home Insurance Hacker!
    edited 30 November 2017 at 1:44PM
    Options
    If you hold an existing Tesco Internet Saver, is the rate raised to match the new one ?

No, stays as is for now. Presumably will go up with the new rates but obviously no bonus.
  • Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,557 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    If you hold an existing Tesco Internet Saver, is the rate raised to match the new one ?

No, if you want the new rate (with the bonus for year 1) then you need to open a new a/c.
    That's what I have done, and I shall be tranferring from the old to the new, then close the old eventually.
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything! --
    Many thanks
    -Stash bust:in 2022:337
    Stash bust :2023. 120duvets, 24 bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lav bags,36 angels,9 bones, 1 knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramids = total 420 total spend £5. Total for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets,30 pyramids, 6 hottie covers, 4 knit hats,13 crochet angels,1 shopper, 87cards=164 £86 spent!!!
  • Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,557 Forumite
    Options
    I'm an existing Tesco customer. I have a current account, and an old savings account paying 0.4%. I opened the new account on line on Monday. Transferred money into it straight away. I now can't withdraw from the account!

I've just opened a new savings a/c (already holding other current & savings a/c with Mr T) and I have received the following text :
    "Thanks for opening an Internet Saver. Please return any documents requested in your welcome pack. You can register for Online Banking at
    Tescobank.com."

Maybe you can not move money until you get your welcome pack????
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything! --
    Many thanks
    -Stash bust:in 2022:337
    Stash bust :2023. 120duvets, 24 bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lav bags,36 angels,9 bones, 1 knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramids = total 420 total spend £5. Total for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets,30 pyramids, 6 hottie covers, 4 knit hats,13 crochet angels,1 shopper, 87cards=164 £86 spent!!!
  • harz99
    Options

Someone suggested on another thread that Tesco make you wait [STRIKE]24[/STRIKE] 48 hours before letting you withdraw money, but this time had passed, it's not in the T&Cs, it's meant to be instant access, and the money shows as available. I just can't withdraw it!

Same for me, I'm waiting until Monday then i'll try again - it's only a tenner.
  • harz99
    Options
    Katiehound wrote: »
    I've just opened a new savings a/c (already holding other current & savings a/c with Mr T) and I have received the following text :
    "Thanks for opening an Internet Saver. Please return any documents requested in your welcome pack. You can register for Online Banking at
    Tescobank.com."

Same here.
  • pearl123
    pearl123 Posts: 2,056 Forumite
    Options
    Katiehound wrote: »
    Tescobank.com."

If you already have a Tesco savings account you just need to be signed in to open an new one.
  • Kim_13
    Kim_13 Posts: 2,443 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Tesco checked my ID electronically, though that was in Summer 2015.

I applied for a savings account as an existing customer, so I can't comment on that part (a savings account should show sooner than a current account, as you don't have to pass a credit check first.)
  • dunroving
    dunroving Posts: 1,881 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I registered as a new customer and everything was dealt with online. Part of the process involved checking identity detail I provided, and it all went through automatically the same day. Next day, my first payment from my current account with another bank was in there.

As someone else said, I had to mail a hard copy signature, I think.

I opened a savings account with Birmingham Midshires the same day and it took over three weeks until all of that was finalised.
    (Nearly) dunroving
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport