PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 20th May 2019

Options

Comments

• Goodintentions
    Goodintentions Posts: 1,883 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Good afternoon :D

I am sitting having a cuppa & catching up on Gardeners World after a busy morning.
    I have been to town to return a couple of things ordered that didn't fit. Also picked up a few bits in town & Mr S - branded stuff we can't get in Mr A's. The new fridge is switched on. DH has taken DS to buy his fish tank :eek: as long as its ok as it would appear its the display one. Otherwise he will have to wait until next week. I spent quite a bit of time over the weekend moving furniture, sorting toys and craft stuff and cleaning in readiness.

I have also swept & mopped the hallway, swept & mopped the DR, swept & mopped half of the kitchen (I will do the rest when we move the temporary fridges & freezer as there is no space at the moment), wiped down the front of the cabinets & kickboards and cleared some stuff off the work surfaces (they were not even visible first thing!). Oh, and I have washed the door mats :)

I am going to pop to the lottie for a little while, as I can't get down at all next weekend as we are away - I need to keep on top of the weeding!

Well done Nicki - you have been busy! Don't over do it!!
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,912 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Good luck with the op natty.

Lots done today:

Wultd
    Refilled soap dispensers
    Washing done
    Caught up with friends
    Bedding changed
    Lr dusted
    Quick hoover through
    Dogs walked
    Phone calls done

Going to rest now for a while before going out tonight.

I intend to do some of the kitchen jobs tomorrow.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Minimal stuff getting done tonight as I feel mega poorly...

Quick wipe down of the kitchen and bathroom
    Sort out shoes and bags under the stairs

All washing and ironing is up to date thankfully.

So those quick jobs, a bath, and some tea and biscuits for me tonight :D x
  • Natty68
    Natty68 Posts: 3,336 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Doh got it wrong my op isn't until next Friday. I dont know why I keep getting my days muddled up at the moment.. So no I have no excuse for not flying until next week...lol
    Mortgage Free as of 20.9.17
    Declutter challenge 2023, 2024 🏅 🏅⭐️⭐️
    DH declutter challenge award 🏅⭐️
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    It's amazing what a bit of sunshine can do for your mood. I feel like I'm on a roll now, it's just a shame I've got 3 full days of work stuff to do now. Boooo

Still to do:
    [STRIKE]Hang wet washing up
    Put all dry washing away where it lives (including stuff that hasn't been put away from being away) [/STRIKE] I'm so pleased. For a few hours today - washin basket empty, everything dry, everything put away - awesome feeling.
    [STRIKE]Empty dw when it pings[/STRIKE]
    Make tea.
    Tidy round every room in the house. feel like I'm fighting a losing battle here.
    Some gardening.
    Something fun with Pickle. hubby taken him to the park.

Extras done
    Sorted through Pickle's wardrobe again
    Charity shop bag in boot
    Bag of stuff for friend sorted
    Item listed for sale on fb
    Arranged for someone to come and purchase said item tomorrow (had 5 enquiries, should have listed it for more money)
    I've accepted a day's supply for Wednesday (think of the money, think of the money.....)
    Sorted through the kitchen food cupboards and the cup/coffee cupboard, only a coupe of bits flung, but better than nothing.

Next job: [STRIKE]swallow a frog. [/STRIKE]

This evening
    Shredding
    Proof read hubby's tender.
    Take stuff up into office/loft.
    Wish.[/QUOTE]
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,842 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Sorry for being late.

Thank you for all the lists

No weight loss this week, but I am home alone for a week, so I have no need to do mad amounts of cooking.!!

WM done
    Drying got in and folded
    Hooveirng of downstairs done
    Toilets bleached
    Been to see one of my step sons, so that was a long drive....................
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • nicki_2
    nicki_2 Posts: 7,321 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    GoodIntentions - don't worry I won't. My kitchen is only 3m x 3m wall to wall so it doesn't take much lol

Since my last post I've groomed the dog, had lunch, made phone calls, sorted something online instead of having to make a phone call :j vacuumed right through downstairs, stitched a sofa cushion which had come apart at the seams, and put some washing on. DS is home from his exam and has helped me do a few jobs. I've also cleared up the chaos of my material piles for projects. :o WM is on a hot empty wash to clean it out after washing floor mats. Tea is also on, so I can take the rest of the night off basically. :D DS can wash up ;)

Manic Monday ~ Kitchen
    Level One

Mop floors
    Extras
    • Clean filters and detergent dispensers - need to finish the laundry first
    Right, since I've spent most of the day listening to an audiobook from the library while cleaning, I think I'm going to spend this evening relaxing watching something.:D Catch you all in the morning, when I'll grab tomorrows list :wave:
    Creeping back in for accountability after falling off the wagon in 2016.
    Need to get back to old style in modern ways, watching the pennies and getting stuff done!
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,842 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    About 2 hours of admin work done, it is suprising how much you can do when there is no one around to interupt you!!

:)
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • BadCat18
    BadCat18 Posts: 1,042 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Hello all, having come in from work just under an hour ago there has definitely been no flying or even fluttering done here. House still looks good as we have both been out all day. Will start lists in the morning as I am officially pooped!

Night all
  • MollyWindley
    Options
    hi, just. found you all my oldest son has just bought a laptop for us all to use and I am trying it out after joining up to Money saving expert...please forgive typing mistakes as I'm new to this! it's a bit late for me to do the Monday list but I will start by unloading the dishwasher and wiping down work surfaces, nice to be here :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure