IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Premier Park Ltd Fine

Options
I received a fine from Premier Park Ltd early February, appealed. Got rejected. Appealed to POPLA, got rejected. Now have a letter from Premier Park demanding payment. I know I paid for the parking, they say I didn't. I didn't keep the ticket. Part of the evidence they sent POPLA was a list of number plates they had recorded during the time I was at the car park. I couldn't check whether mine was on there as half the letters and numbers were blocked out.
I think it is possible I made a slight mistake when putting my number plate in. I remember the weather that day. It was blizzard conditions. I do know I bought a ticket and put it in the car. I didn't check to see if the number plate was typed in exactly right. I believe if I could see the list something very similar to mine might be on it. If that is the case they know they have received the right amount of money for the number of cars parked don't they?
Is there any point me pursuing this? I am very frustrated that I have to find £100 when I paid, especially as my husband has been made unemployed since then. However, I have no evidence do I? Reading others' posts I realise I should have taken different action from the beginning but here I am , at this point. Any advice?

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,341 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Send them a SAR (see second post of the NEWBIES thread) asking for all photos & data held and a copy of the VRN list, suitably redacted but showing a 'near miss' VRN allocated to a payment of £x.xx paid in cash around xxpm, as you believe due to the blizzard weather and/or faded keys on the keypad, or a system error, a close match keying error ay have occurred, which the BPA stated in 2018 must not give rise to a PCN.

DO NOT remind them they already provided a list at POPLA stage!

Guess what I am looking to see, by asking for it again? Differences...
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Aib51
    Aib51 Posts: 45 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thank you so much for replying. I am new to this site and struggling to locate the Newbies post. How do I do that?
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,351 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Read Coupon-mad's signature OR click back until you are on the first page of the forum - it say's in big writing Parking Tickets, Fines and Parking, then it is the third post down (usually) and starts: -
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Aib51 wrote: »
    Thank you so much for replying. I am new to this site and struggling to locate the Newbies post. How do I do that?
    You posted under my signature telling you! I have no idea how people miss it and ask.
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    Nine times out of ten these tickets are scams so complain to your MP.

Parliament is well aware of the MO of these private parking companies, and on 15th March 2019 a Bill was enacted to curb the excesses of these shysters. Codes of Practice are being drawn up, an independent appeals service will be set up, and access to the DVLA's date base more rigorously policed, persistent offenders denied access to the DVLA database and unable to operate.

Hopefully life will become impossible for the worst of these scammers, but until this is done you should still complain to your MP, citing the new legislation.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2019/8/contents/enacted

Just as the clampers were finally closed down, so hopefully will many of these Private Parking Companies.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Aib51
    Options
    Thank you for the advice. I managed to find the Newbies thread and have now written to Premier Park asking for the data etc. Let's see if they still blank out all the important VRNs.
  • Aib51
    Options
    Hi there I have received a reply from Premier Park with quite a lot of information. I cannot see a near miss but how do I know that they have included all the listings for all the machines? Can I ask for photos of the different machines? I remember they sent them to Popla. Also is there a way of linking machine to the payment? I would like to send you the letter and list but will have to work out how to do it. Thanks for any help
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    I cannot see a near miss but how do I know that they have included all the listings for all the machines?
    You don't, but I would email back and ask for the other machine data as you can see this is only one machine (see what excuse they come up with!).
  • Aib51
    Options
    Hi there I received a reply via email today from them saying no, they won't provide me with the extra information. They said they are not obligated to under data protection law and therefore they are not going to! Any thoughts?
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Hang on, so they were happy to show you partially redacted VRNs & payments from one machine but are now refusing to produce a similar redacted list from other PDT machines at the location that day?

Report them to the ICO online - you can upload copies of emails & letters and raise a concern about how this firm are handling what they KNOW to be your payment data with a near-miss keypad entry of your VRN, and have supplied a redacted list from one PDT machine but not the other(s) meaning they are deliberately withholding the list with the close-match VRN and your payment on it.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback