Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • denise38
    • By denise38 5th Feb 18, 10:22 AM
    • 412Posts
    • 206Thanks
    denise38
    Advice please re Scottish power and gas connection
    • 5th Feb 18, 10:22 AM
    Advice please re Scottish power and gas connection 5th Feb 18 at 10:22 AM
    My daughter moved into a student flat July 2017 .there was a problem initially finding who supplier was but transpired it is Scottish power. Cut a long story short 7 months down the line and we have just managed to get account details and set up electricity and generated a bill . Despite months of phone calls and hours in the phone over last few weeks they still have not provided an account number for gas despite them confirming they are the supplier . initially they have blamed wrong address details girls are 3/2 and they have something different . 4 tines we have been through this and still no gas . I lost the plot last week and wouldnt be fobbed of . I have a ref no that explains everything they just have to read . They assured me it would be done for 31dt jan. surprise surprise it hasn!!
    I dont know where to go now surely it!!!8217;s not fair that they are denying the girls the right to cheaper fuel . They are on expensive tarrif and until we get acc details they can!!!8217;t pay and move .
    Their rental company have a bill for month between old and then moving in but are banging their head against a brick wall as the bill they have is wrong . Meter readings are wrong .sp can tell me that they have a gas reading which is correct but still nothing .
    Girls are worried about having a huge bill that will need paid right away .
    They have put money aside but its getting a bit desperate now they want the bill paid and moved on .
    Any one offer any help I am going down the ombudsman route as soon as .
    Last edited by denise38; 05-02-2018 at 10:25 AM.
    I have never met a calorie yet I didn't like!!
Page 1
    • Cardew
    • By Cardew 5th Feb 18, 5:54 PM
    • 27,340 Posts
    • 13,383 Thanks
    Cardew
    • 5th Feb 18, 5:54 PM
    • 5th Feb 18, 5:54 PM
    Hi,
    You have posted this in the 'Water Bills' forum.

I hope you have put some of the above in writing to SP??

The ombudsman will not take action until you have filed a formal complaint.
    • baldelectrician
    • By baldelectrician 26th May 18, 6:36 PM
    • 2,177 Posts
    • 1,353 Thanks
    baldelectrician
    • 26th May 18, 6:36 PM
    • 26th May 18, 6:36 PM
    Despite months of phone calls and hours in the phone over last few weeks they still have not provided an account number for gas despite them confirming they are the supplier
    Originally posted by denise38
    The gas meter has a serial number on the front- give them this and they can locate the meter from that
    baldly going on...
    • Shavuot
    • By Shavuot 27th May 18, 10:23 AM
    • 48 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    Shavuot
    • 27th May 18, 10:23 AM
    • 27th May 18, 10:23 AM
    Too late everyone, the OP has not returned since the day she created this thread back in February.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

956Posts Today

6,992Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin