Talktalk upgrades mean no broadband service

Options
I got home yesterday lunchtime to find out that my talktalk broadband was dead. I reported straight away. It was working this morning. I spoke to them this morning and they said .

Thanks you for the very kind patience. I would like to advise you that the systems were being upgraded to provide the best possible service around the area.
Network – P3 - Openreach LAN – Arkwright exchange – Some customers are experiencing Total Loss of Service.

So I asked them if I would receive any refund or compensation and they offered me £2.13

Does this seem reasonable for loss is service for over 12 hours.
Thanks

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    I got home yesterday lunchtime to find out that my talktalk broadband was dead. I reported straight away. It was working this morning. I spoke to them this morning and they said .

Thanks you for the very kind patience. I would like to advise you that the systems were being upgraded to provide the best possible service around the area.
    Network – P3 - Openreach LAN – Arkwright exchange – Some customers are experiencing Total Loss of Service.

So I asked them if I would receive any refund or compensation and they offered me £2.13

Does this seem reasonable for loss is service for over 12 hours.
    Thanks

More than reasonable.
  • csgohan4
    csgohan4 Posts: 10,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    usually they pro rota it according to how much you pay and how much down time.
    "It is prudent when shopping for something important, not to limit yourself to Pound land/Estate Agents"

G_M/ Bowlhead99 RIP
  • iniltous
    iniltous Posts: 3,121 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Seems amateurish to upgrade in such away that leaves you out of service for the duration of that upgrade , obviously ‘faults’ can happen and be disruptive, but planned outages are a different matter , if they don’t have the savvy to do an upgrade without it being service affecting , why not do it at a time when most people wouldn’t be using the service.
    Compo will be in the T&C’s, it doesn’t really matter if it reasonable, it’s what was agreed when you became a customer
  • sal_III
    sal_III Posts: 1,953 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    iniltous wrote: »
    Seems amateurish to upgrade in such away that leaves you out of service for the duration of that upgrade , obviously ‘faults’ can happen and be disruptive, but planned outages are a different matter , if they don’t have the savvy to do an upgrade without it being service affecting , why not do it at a time when most people wouldn’t be using the service.
    Compo will be in the T&C’s, it doesn’t really matter if it reasonable, it’s what was agreed when you became a customer
    Although theoretically everything can be done without a loss of service, in reality it's often cost prohibitive or simply not feasible. How do you mitigate a swap of an entire street cabinet for example? Ultimately the links to individual homes are non-redundant so there is no way to achieve five 9s availability.

The amateurish bit is if they didn't inform customers in advance (as most decent ISPs do). But TT have proven time and time again that they are cowboys, so what did you expect.
  • paul2louise
    Options
    sal_III wrote: »
    Although theoretically everything can be done without a loss of service, in reality it's often cost prohibitive or simply not feasible. How do you mitigate a swap of an entire street cabinet for example? Ultimately the links to individual homes are non-redundant so there is no way to achieve five 9s availability.

The amateurish bit is if they didn't inform customers in advance (as most decent ISPs do). But TT have proven time and time again that they are cowboys, so what did you expect.

Thanks i think that is why I am cross. Understandable if if it's a fault. But they admitted they had planned it. I emailed them and they upped the amount to £10 so I settled on that.
  • csgohan4
    csgohan4 Posts: 10,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    I refuse to get TT, poor service. I once applied to get their fibre, they set an activation date of 4 months time and it wasn't an error
    "It is prudent when shopping for something important, not to limit yourself to Pound land/Estate Agents"

G_M/ Bowlhead99 RIP
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport