Debt free living and looking to the future.

Options
Happy new diary:j.

I decided that my last diary had become depressing and negative, so here I am shiny new diary, positive outlook and ready to take on the world. I woke up this morning feeling good which is something that hasn't happened for a while, did 30 mins of yoga which left me feeling energised and ready for the day, I also took some time to think about what is good in life and all the positives.

So anyone reading my last diary will know i'm now debt free, not going into the details of how as its all in my last diary, but I do now want to focus on staying out of debt and saving for the future, being thrifty and enjoy my family before they grow and fly the nest. I did think of posting new diary on savings board, but I love the debt free board as everyone is so helpful and positive.

So this is the first day of the new positive me......
Mortgage Jan 2023 9yrs 11mths £61,389 Mortgage overpayment £1867/£3600 Mortgage Jan 2022 11yrs 6mths £69.996 Mortgage overpayment £3132/£3600

Comments

• WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Happy new diary :D

I'm glad you decided to stay with 'us'

x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    So as I previously said I woke up this morning and for the first time in ages I felt good, no aches or colds or coughs, decided to do some yoga and it left me feeling wonderful. I need to try and fit this into my daily routine and just have 30 mins of me time.
    I have also been doing lots of thinking today about life and making it more positive, I have written a list of goals of thins I want to achieve some are for the immediate and some are long term.

Life goals.
    Stay out of debt.
    Watch the pennies and be thrifty, be mindful of spends.
    Travel and holiday.
    Save for children's future (driving lessons, Uni etc).
    Holiday Property abroad
    Maintain health and take time for me.

So today I have concentrated on thriftiness, spends have been erratic lately and I could easily see it getting out of control, but I have reined it in and with a week to go until payday we should manage fine, meal plan and shopping list done but don't think I will go shopping until Sunday. This morning I have made a pan of carrot and lentil soup using up the past it carrots in the bottom of the fridge, had it for lunch and was delicious, beef casserole is in the slow cooker to have with mash at tea time and I have also made a chocolate cake for the kids to snack on when they come in from school. Washing has been hung on airer and line today, we really need to get electric usage down as we seem to be using tumble dryer and leaving things on stand by a lot so need to be mindful of this and switch things off. I'm also currently knitting DD a blanket for her bed out of a big bag of wool I got cheap in the charity shop, I'm hoping I have enough to knit one for DS as well.

DH has booked us a short break to Paris next month, very excited and means we get some very much needed time together, hopefully this is the start of us growing closer again and getting back on track, flights and hotel paid for just need to save some spends. Summer holiday to Spain is booked and paid for, will just need money for food and odd meal out, kids will want to spend most of their time in the pool or beach so shouldn't be a hugely expensive holiday.

I really need to focus on making money and get back on track with ebay and surveys as I have really neglected these recently.
    Mortgage Jan 2023 9yrs 11mths £61,389 Mortgage overpayment £1867/£3600 Mortgage Jan 2022 11yrs 6mths £69.996 Mortgage overpayment £3132/£3600
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Happy new diary :D

I'm glad you decided to stay with 'us'

x

Thanks for popping over and please feel free to give me a rollocking if this diary become depressing and whingy :D.
  • chanie
    chanie Posts: 3,317 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 23 March 2018 at 9:11PM
    Options
    Ive subscribed p. I will pop back later for a catch up.
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Happy new diary Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • chanie
    chanie Posts: 3,317 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Yay to a shiner new diary and lots of nice things to look forward to.

What are your plans for the Easter holidays.
  • Eager_Elephant
    Eager_Elephant Posts: 4,714 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Ooh subscribed - lovely positive start.

Remember that you can be negative if you want, life isn't always a bed of roses.
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    chanie wrote: »
    Yay to a shiner new diary and lots of nice things to look forward to.

What are your plans for the Easter holidays.

Hi Chanie, thanks for popping by. Not a huge amount planned for the Easter hols as both children have exams when they return so lots of revising to do in the PWPS household, also DD has a mountain of coursework to do, hopefully we will get a day out somewhere to give them a break, maybe also a trip to the cinema if there is anything they want to watch, DD has mentioned the new Peter Rabbit film :rotfl:.
    I'm planning on lots on tidying and decluttering and I might give the kitchen a fresh coat of paint.
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Ooh subscribed - lovely positive start.

Remember that you can be negative if you want, life isn't always a bed of roses.

Thanks EE, yes agree sometimes life is s***. But i'm trying to have a positive mental attitude:o, we will see how long it lasts :rotfl:.
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    pennywisepoundstupid Posts: 5,975 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 24 March 2018 at 9:50AM
    Options
    So DS had the mother of all melt downs last night, this all stemmed from playing his xbox, he finally calmed down after an hour of screaming and shouting and went to bed, I will speak to him this morning calmly as last night he was too angry to talk to rationally.

I have so far this morning managed 30 mins of yoga, although I found it trickier than yesterday, hopefully it will become easier as I continue.
    Washer and dishwasher on and just chilling with a quiet cup of tea before everyone gets up. Spendy day today as we need to take DS for new cricket whites, pads etc, do wish he would stop growing.
    DD and DH are both at work so just me and DS, will try and get him to come and walk the dogs with me for a bit of bonding time. I also need to get some bits listed on ebay and catch up on surveys. Managed to get another square knitted last night for DD blanket and will try and do another this evening.
    Meals are from stores, breakfast is crumpets or pain au chocolates I found lurking in the freezer, lunch is leftover soup, fruit and chocolate cake, tea is a very basic egg and chips and what ever yogurts or icecream there is left for pud.

Not much to update regarding finances as it is just ticking along until payday.

To do today
    Finances.
    list ebay items
    Mount Washmore x3
    sweep/mop down stairs
    surveys
    Buy cricket stuff for DS.

To do this week -
    ebay listings
    Surveys
    Ring relatives.
    Send Easter cards.
    Make school children's Easter treat.
    Make enquiries regarding a school trip DS wants to go on next year.
    General housework.

Finances today -
    £0 TT to general savings. £20 M&S voucher redeemed.
    Weekly Grocery budget 12/1/18 - 18/1/18 £100/£0
    NSD 0
    personnel spends £50/£50
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure