IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Eye PR1 2UP

Options

Comments

• Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,251 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Redact your personal information including PCN and PoPLA numbers. Some malicious rogue could do a lot of damage to you with that.

You should also complain to the DVLA that the scammers are harassing you in breach of the Gobi-Desert Code of Practice.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • harrys_dad
    harrys_dad Posts: 1,997 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Fruitcake wrote: »
    Redact your personal information including PCN and PoPLA numbers. Some malicious rogue could do a lot of damage to you with that.

You should also complain to the DVLA that the scammers are harassing you in breach of the Gobi-Desert Code of Practice.

Thanks, I have removed all dates and reference numbers now.
  • Fruitcake
    Options
    I am now of the opinion that we should be advising every poster to complain to Sir Greg Knight MP, as well as their own.
  • harrys_dad
    Options
    Fruitcake wrote: »
    I am now of the opinion that we should be advising every poster to complain to Sir Greg Knight MP, as well as their own.

Is he the one who is leading the "campaign" within Parliament?
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,357 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    harrys_dad wrote: »
    Is he the one who is leading the "campaign" within Parliament?

That's your man.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • harrys_dad
    Options
    Email sent to Steve Clarke at BPA and a reply received (not automated) very quickly saying he will contact Parking Eye to investigate. Emails also sent to my MP and Sir Greg Kinight MP.
  • harrys_dad
    Options
    I received a reply very quickly from my MP. I will not post it all here, as I suspect it is a standard response written by Central Office. I do feel however that the last paragraph is very important and should encourage everyone to contact their MP and Sir Greg Knight MP as advised above by Umkomaas. I have also included his comment about lack of response from Parking Eye previously.

Extract from reply from my MP as follows:

"From my previous dealings with Parking Eye on behalf of Constituents, I can confirm that on each occasion I have corresponded with them they have failed to respond. Regrettably, there is nothing I can do about this, as they are under no legal obligation to do so, and are neither answerable to nor responsible to me as the Member of Parliament. Whilst this might be at best unprofessional, and at worst very disrespectful on their part, it nonetheless is the case and I have no legislative or persuasive powers to compel them to correspond with me or cease action against an individual. Any remaining disputes over unpaid parking charges would be pursued as civil matters through the relevant courts.

The Government has for some time acknowledged that there is a need for greater legislation and regulation in these matters. With parking firms issuing almost 13 times more tickets than they were a decade ago, I believe it is time for a real overhaul of the private parking industry. A Government discussion paper last year brought to light thousands of cases where motorists had been unfairly treated, issued with incorrect penalties, denied rights of appeal etc. Sir Greg Knight MP (East Yorkshire) brought a Private Members Bill in response, and the Government is supporting this entirely. The Parking (Code of Practice) Bill received its second reading only a few weeks ago and was backed by Parliament. If passed it will legislate for the Secretary of State to prepare a code of practice for the management of private car parks. This code must contain guidance which promotes good practice in the operation and management of private car parks, as well as on appeals against parking charges imposed on users. The Bill will also provide for a levy on the parking industry to cover the costs of issuing, administering and investigating whether private parking firms have failed to act in accordance with the code. The bill is now recommended to progress through the necessary remaining stages to become law, which admittedly will take some time.

I will add your experience to those of other Constituents who have contacted me about Parking Eye, and will ensure that I raise these examples in any debate, discussion or vote on the topic in which I participate but regrettably, this is the extent of any direct action I am able to take at present
  • Fruitcake
    Options
    Fair enough. Not a fob off, someone who actually seems to know what's going on, and appears to support the Sir Greg Knight bill.
  • harrys_dad
    Options
    So, I receive a response from Steve Clark at the BPA saying that Parking Eye have no record of my appeal being lodged with POPLA and neither do POPLA! This is despite me sending a screenshot of the "appeal successfully submitted" page of my POPLA appeal. Parking Eye are going to graciously send me another POPLA code so I can resubmit my evidence and appeal!

Any suggestions as to how to respond now?
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,357 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Any suggestions as to how to respond now?
    With a new POPLA appeal, using the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #3 as your guide, especially with its ready-written templates for use (as appropriate).
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport