Shell energy broadband - any feedback from recent joiners ?

Options

Comments

• Read the t&cs, they clearly say VAT is included in the advertised prices, if they are not billing correctly then speak up
    When a jar contains rocks, pebbles and sand is it truly full? What about beer?
  • sazzle2
    Options
    yes you are right, and even an email to say includes vat

here is their response via email which only mentions the MSE credit - nothing about the vat on the broadband cost. i will be emailing them back today, will post their response.

Many thanks for your email and I am very sorry for any confusion with the Money Saving Expert Credit.

£62.50 is £75 without VAT. The remaining credit is then added via the VAT section at the end of the bill. As you can see the balance now due on your most recent bill is £55.55 which is £75 minus your monthly package price and the chargeable calls made.

We’re here to help
    If you’ve got any more questions, please email me back and I’ll be happy to help. There’s also some useful information on our website under helpandadvice
  • sevenhills
    sevenhills Posts: 5,887 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    sazzle2 wrote: »
    We’re here to help
    If you’ve got any more questions, please email me back and I’ll be happy to help. There’s also some useful information on our website under helpandadvice

I was going to sign up to Shell BB because I have Shell Energy, not available in West Yorkshire.
    Why is that, Openreach and such companies cover the whole of England/UK and everything is done online or on the telephone, I done need to visit an actual retail shop.
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    Options
    Open Reach are in effect the wholesaler and do not deal with the public .

Shell may well have made a business decision not to supply xx area or have not got around to it yet .
  • matt_66
    matt_66 Posts: 93 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    I am not quite sure what the issue is re the VAT.

If it was applied after the bill my balance would be £22.99 - £75 = £(52.01).

As Shell have applied it (£19.16 - £62.50) + (£(43.34) * 20%) = £(52.01).

The end result is the same.
    2016 saver #80 - £8,379 / £11,000
  • sevenhills
    sevenhills Posts: 5,887 Forumite
    Options
    matt_66 wrote: »
    I am not quite sure what the issue is re the VAT.

Retailers dont normally display prices without VAT because it can be misleading. I dont see why selling energy to the public should be any different.
    I do recall looking at the tariff and comparing it with another companies tariff, whether they both displayed their prices in the same way, I dont know.
  • batemansxxxb
    Options
    Well ,it's 31st Jan & no sign of the bill credit,tried ringing them & was met with a message that due to unforseen circumstances they werren't taking calls,good job i haven't got an issue with the service,just raised a complaint through Resolver
  • batemansxxxb
    Options
    sevenhills wrote: »
    I was going to sign up to Shell BB because I have Shell Energy, not available in West Yorkshire.
    Why is that, Openreach and such companies cover the whole of England/UK and everything is done online or on the telephone, I done need to visit an actual retail shop.

Shell energy are a reseller for Talk Talk, so maybe your exchange isn't enabled for Talk Talk
  • kenr
    kenr Posts: 251 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    No sign of my credit either.
    Will be contacting the Ombudsman since I raised a complaint and they didn't even bother acknowledging it even when I resent it to their complaint dept,
    BUNCH OF LOSERS!
    Registered Linux user #497422 :beer:
  • Norman_Castle
    Norman_Castle Posts: 11,871 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Just tried to sign up to shell through mse expecting £17.99 with a £75 bill credit and was offered this.
    Selected plan

Standard Broadband

Your estimated standard download speed range is 2 - 4 Mbps
    Fast broadband

Estimated max speed 4 Mbps

£17.99 per month
    £21.99 per month [£21.99 crossed out]
    £25 Amazon voucher**
    12 month minimum term

• Line rental included
    • No connection fee
    • Unlimited downloads
    • Exclusive rewards
    I don't want a £25 Amazon voucher. Where is the £75 cash back offer? Ended early?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback