“Rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life.”

Options

Comments

• WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Thank you HH. I hope so too :o I realise I'm 'wrong' for wanting it when things have been so tight money wise :o

x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • WannabeFree
    Options
    Youngest has shoes on the way :) She is going to be so happy I can't wait to take her to collect them.

Everyone's in bed - early. DS has been a bit 'mouthy' this afternoon and he embarrassed me in the pharmacy answering back :o:( He just doesn't seem to realise when he's told something it doesn't always require a reply back! Naughty step for him :p

x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Thank you HH. I hope so too :o I realise I'm 'wrong' for wanting it when things have been so tight money wise :o

x

There's nothing wrong with wanting a holiday. It would do you all a lot of good.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,308 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Youngest has shoes on the way :) She is going to be so happy I can't wait to take her to collect them.

Everyone's in bed - early. DS has been a bit 'mouthy' this afternoon and he embarrassed me in the pharmacy answering back :o:( He just doesn't seem to realise when he's told something it doesn't always require a reply back! Naughty step for him :p

x

:j:j:j

Boys!!!! x
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • teafor2
    teafor2 Posts: 3,322 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    It's definitely not wrong to want a holiday. I bet it's the first thing a lot of people would choose if they could.

Great to read DD has shoes on the way. DS has never given me any trouble with his mouth but DD ...... well I could write a book :rotfl: xx
  • WannabeFree
    Options
    You know a lot of the time what he says is right .. It's just how he says it. Then DD smashed a glass because she couldn't wait the 3 seconds it would have taken me to stop doing what I was doing and get her some juice. Honestly I seen red and was like bath and bed time! Holidays or not you can go to bed :o :rotfl:

They are all settled now though.

x
  • WannabeFree
    Options
    So a slight change and things look brighter :)

Weekly Out
    £102 Rent
    £15.30 CT
    £15 Gas
    £15 Electric
    £11.40 Water
    £2.50 TV License
    £2.50 for phone credit
    £16 Bus Pass

£20 Debt (28 weeks to go I think will check later)

£2 Snack

£47 for food/everything else. (£5 of this now going to go to a hospital fund ;) £2 to a pot for nappies etc. £30 groceries and £10 for 'other')

x
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,308 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Glad that things things are seeming brighter :A xx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • WannabeFree
    Options
    Also if we fit the October holiday in. This week I will have to cancel the one booked and wait and see but still aim for the October school holiday if that makes sense.

My 'grocery and other' amount is what we'd spend on food etc. Travel is £25. I think it's 26 weeks until the start of the half term. £2 a week is Travel and an 'extra' £27 for extras. £2 a week sounds doable from surveys etc.
  • Busy_Mee1
    Busy_Mee1 Posts: 1,015 Forumite
    Options
    Hey Wannabe. If you cancel the October holiday will you get any money back ? If not wouldn't you be better leaving it on the basis that you will lose the money anyway and you might get your DLA resolved before it needs to be paid. Just a thought.

Sounds like the smalls needed a early night. I think it is fairly standard for kids to get a bit cocky as they move into yr 6....they are at the top of the school and a bit over confident. The move up to secondary school soon sorts them out.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback