UK Corporate Portal Scam

Options

Comments

• RoonilWazlib_2
    Options
    As before, its a scam. They will probably keep writing to you and claiming its getting further down the legal path. Ignore them - no-one can get any money from you if you choose not to pay, except by taking you to court. For obvious reasons a trader running a scam isn't going to go anywhere near a court.

Worthwhile logging it with your local trading standards by contacting Citizens Advice Consumer Helpline on 03454040506 who will refer it on to TS. In practice, hard to stop but helps Trading Standards build up a case file about this
  • Lady_Jane_C
    Options
    Sorry just read this. Touching wood no I have had no further contact but my phone rings frequently with a lot of international numbers and I just don't answer it. Seems they eventually give up and move on to someone else. Not a pleasant experience though.
  • robatwork
    robatwork Posts: 7,094 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Forget it until you get something from an actual court.

"10. The customer declares that he agrees that the entire correspondence, even if conducted by third parties on his behalf, will be answered in English or German"

What kind of business person would agree to these terms? Or sign something without reading terms?
  • scurrie1974
    Options
    I am also a victim to this and have now after 3/4 years received a threatening email advising that I will be taken to the European high court if not paid in 5 days!!! (also from a guy in Prague). I have no idea what to do, my accountant advised me to sign and send this in the first place as I ran it past him as it looked official and he obviously agreed. Anybody got any further information on this?

Thanks in advance.
  • SnowTiger
    SnowTiger Posts: 4,461 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I am also a victim to this and have now after 3/4 years received a threatening email advising that I will be taken to the European high court if not paid in 5 days!!! (also from a guy in Prague). I have no idea what to do, my accountant advised me to sign and send this in the first place as I ran it past him as it looked official and he obviously agreed. Anybody got any further information on this?

Thanks in advance.

Perhaps you should rethink your relationship with your accountant. He gave you poor advice.

I would ignore the letter.

I've never heard of the European High Court. Neither has Google.

European courts tend with deal with bigger matters than a low-level contract disputes anyway.
  • robatwork
    robatwork Posts: 7,094 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I am also a victim to this and have now after 3/4 years received a threatening email advising that I will be taken to the European high court if not paid in 5 days!!!

There is a world of difference (and cost) between a letter ADVISING you will be taken to court and getting a letter from court. Especially one that doesn't exist.

I suggest you make an origami swan out of the letter.
  • Molearama
    Options
    I too have been a victim of this ... I am now getting calls, emails etc from a Colin Smith from cs@cc-factoring.com demanding money.
    I have reported it to trading standards and I am waiting for the federation of small businesses to call me back with advice.

Has anyone else got this resolved yet ?
  • Greta_Sharbo
    Options
    Have you read the thread?
  • 5th_Horseman
    Options
    I just received an update form for this scam. As an accountant, I have various companies with a registerd office at my address. Curiously they asked for an update on a company that was dissolved in February 2016. I had similar problems when running a company in Spain, a Belgian company demanded payment for entries in an international directory, and after threarening legal action, I asked them to take the company to court and produce the original order for the entry. End of story.
  • Jennyab
    Options
    We have today received one of these in the post so they are still out there.....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure