Arrangement to pay markers

Options

Comments

• Willing2Learn
    Willing2Learn Posts: 6,294 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Dnrn84 wrote: »
    I've just realised my account was over its limit for at least four months so should that have resulted in a default?
    Quote the guidance I linked to in my last post, to stand the best chance of success...
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

:smiley:
  • Dnrn84
    Dnrn84 Posts: 13 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies, they have sent me an acknowledgment letter so I'll wait to recieve that then contact them about the guidelines.
  • Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Why didn't you pay down the debt quicker. Many people view an AP as an opportunity to obtain an interest free loan. Then are suprised on the impact on their credit profile.
  • Dnrn84
    Dnrn84 Posts: 13 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for your helpful response thrugelmir.
    I was paying what I could afford and then once I was in the position to do so I paid the balance off in a lump sum.
    Therefore I did pay as quick as I could.
    Do you feel I should be punished for paying every penny back more so than someone who doesnt pay a penny?
  • Willing2Learn
    Options
    I was paying what I could afford and then once I was in the position to do so I paid the balance off in a lump sum.
    Do you feel I should be punished for paying every penny back more so than someone who doesnt pay a penny?
    And that is why the guidance was issued...to try and ensure that people who paid back every penny are not treated unfairly... :)
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    So by your logic, not paying the money back is also fair?
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    !!! wrote: »
    What???? :rotfl::rotfl:
  • Kentish_Dave
    Kentish_Dave Posts: 842 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for your helpful response thrugelmir.
    No-one is punishing you, a company is just stating some facts about your activity, truthfully, in their records.
  • Willing2Learn
    edited 29 May 2019 at 9:34AM
    Options
    !!! wrote: »
    I believe that anything is fair, if one has complied with relevant legislation and guidance. That works, in different times, in favour of both the lender and the borrower.

I guess I am just a stickler for people playing by the rules...

No-one is punishing you, a company is just stating some facts about your activity, truthfully, in their records.
    But the creditors who have done this, have not correctly followed the applicable guidance, that is despite the AP markers being factually correct.

I love my job

• boo_star
    boo_star Posts: 3,202 Forumite
    Options
    I believe that anything is fair, if one has complied with relevant legislation and guidance. That works, in different times, in favour of both the lender and the borrower.

I guess I am just a stickler for people playing by the rules...

But the creditors who have done this, have not correctly followed the applicable guidance, that is despite the AP markers being factually correct.

I don't think the guidance in that thread says what you think it says, or maybe I'm misreading it.

It appears to refer to a situation where a person on an AP is subsequently defaulted some time after entering into the AP, thus having a default date months or years later than someone who just stopped paying and suggests that the creditor should backdate the default to when the AP started in that situation.

You're basically implying that an AP should not last any longer than 3-6 months as it would then be on the record longer than a default would. I've yet to see any official guidance suggesting this should be the case.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure