provident agents [TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM]

Options

Comments

• Hammyman
    Hammyman Posts: 9,913 Forumite
    Options
    stormchild wrote: »
    Does anyone have any advice they could possibly give?

How about not lending money to people who clearly can't afford it? How about not offering top up loans when they miss a few payments? How about not lending another £1000 to someone who can't even put wallpaper on the walls and who you know will just spend the money on booze?

Sorry, no sympathy for any of you. This is called "reaping what you sow".

Welcome to the world of self employment where you are financially responsible for your actions.
  • Hammyman
    Options
    sharpy2010 wrote: »
    You cannot possibly be responsible for someone elses inability to service their loan, and as such this is disgusting.

You can when you are that person who signs up people clearly unable to afford it and then signs them up for top up loans when they miss a payment..
  • stormchild
    Options
    ooH hammyman. Regardless of what you think its a job and there is a need. Don't slag of the people doing a job but the company who implements these rules oh and that would also be the government and the E.U who regulate these companies. I am responsible for my actions and I certainly dont go banging on peoples doors who cant pay. My gripe is with provident not with customers ever. There are thousands of agents out there who are in exactly the same position and all feel exactly the same. I' sorry you feel that way but you have obviously got a gripe with this type of credit fingers burned maybe? most customers are certainly not in a position of no wallpaper and spending on booze and think you are doing a diservice to millions of hardworking people, and with that sort of attitude and being self employed yourself i'm certainly glad you are not coming to my house. I take it that you would not do work for someone with a provvie loan then or is their money good enough just not them!!!
  • mattyboy7
    Options
    totally agree with you we get charged £5 for making a mistake on loan forms but sales still go through to give the fat cats bonus
  • teamspirit
    Options
    Hammyman wrote: »
    How about not lending money to people who clearly can't afford it? How about not offering top up loans when they miss a few payments? How about not lending another £1000 to someone who can't even put wallpaper on the walls and who you know will just spend the money on booze?

Sorry, no sympathy for any of you. This is called "reaping what you sow".

Welcome to the world of self employment where you are financially responsible for your actions.

Hammyman, you obviously have a very blinkered view of the sort of customers we deal with on a daily basis. To assume they are all drunken individuals who live in hovels is insulting to say the least. As for lending to people who clearly not afford it, I dont! At the end of the day it is not in my best interests to have a book full of customers who dont pay. And as in one of my previous comments, if a customer appears to have difficulty in paying and misses payments I do not approve of giving them more money and have never practiced this method. Hence the fact i have done this job for 12 years, have a very solid round consisting of a customers that I treat with respect. which is more than can be said of your attitude towards them.
  • Hammyman
    Options
    teamspirit wrote: »
    As for lending to people who clearly not afford it, I dont!

Obviously you do and I quote:
    As of today I stand to lose £50 this week as I know these customers cannot pay the amounts being asked for.

If you didn't lend to people who couldn't afford it, you'd not be on here posting that would you?

And I know just fine what kind of customer you have - SUB PRIME - those who are not credit worthy on the whole.
    stormchild wrote:
    Don't slag of the people doing a job
    Why shouldn't someone who lends money to people who cannot afford it at extortionate rates and pretends to be their best friend as they sign them up for top up loans where they end up paying interest on interest get nothing but vitriol? They are just one step up from loan sharks. I've known a couple of Provident reps over the years. Their main aim is commission. I have yet to see one miss the opportunity to sell a top up loan once an existing one is close to ending. I do know people on a first hand basis who have had the "Provvi" knocking on the door for several weeks after the loan has been paid off to try and get them to sign up again despite being told no.
  • teamspirit
    teamspirit Posts: 52 Forumite
    Options
    Hammyman, I didnt quote that, yes some agents do lend without consideration and some dont.
  • stormchild
    Options
    Hammyman that would be the same for all financial instituitions ie the big banks who like provident directors are getting millions of pounds in bonus for doing the exact same thing. (RBS director paid £7.7 million bonus today despite being a government owned bank). These customers probably like you, as I noticed you did not respond to my fingers burned comment, could afford their repayments at the time of loans but as I have stated job loss, benefit cuts etc are stopping them paying what they should. I'm sure you have credit and as you are on here posting comments against what is a genuine gripe with a huge company and never once directed at any customers then it would appear you are ott with your finances and just feel like spouting off your vile comments about provident customers and the company. If you have nothing constructive to say why don't you keep your comments to yourself.
  • scooby088
    scooby088 Posts: 3,385 Forumite
    Options
    New fsa guidelines say that if in the opinion of the agent they cannot afford to service the debt then agent can refuse to issue anymore loans. I agree to a point with hammyman. When i was an agent with shopacheck my customers were nearly all in receipt of benefits and we were told to target these people as they had a guaranteed income.
  • jesp74
    Options
    What is this, grief the provi agent? I have come on here, hoping that someone has an answer, to stop them taking my wages from me. Our AM/DM are telling us to look at the positive side, I must of missed that bit,this week, I am looking at losing £80.
    I am hoping that a Regional Manager or above will read this....as a single parent £80 is a lot of money to me, so while your sitting at home with your wallets full, you want to think of the agents who are belittling themselves, begging for minimum payments. I will not be adding any new customers to my book, I darent incase they miss a first payment and you charge me £15. The only loans I will be giving out is of very small value, I have more chance of getting a small payment every week and therefore no penalty. I will not be taking anymore transfers, I darent accept them, incase they don't pay me, therefore a penalty. Why should I be penalised because my AM/DM has agreed a reduced rate with a customer without my consent. Why should I be penalised when a poor quality customer is transfered in. Why should I be penalised when a poor quality book is split and they still wont pay.
    You need not send any more arrears letters to my customers, telling them to speak to their local friendly agent, because i'm not friendly anymore....those who get me a penalty, regardless of the value, will begoing to debt management, I most certainly will not be knocking on their door again, so there will be no customer expansion in the house, which is the current aim of the company.
    Did anyone see the article in the Daily Mirror today - £145 million profit - and you're still not satisfied!!!!!!!
    Provident - the name you can trust - hahahahahaha
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport