PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Cooking for one (Mark Two)

Options

Comments

• PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I'm at that funny "in between bit". Knowing I'd be eating well later, I didn't have a big lunch. I had a small toastie.

Trouble is I'm starving now .... but won't be fed for another 3 hours!

I might finish off the grapes I bought some days ago.
  • SunnyGirl
    SunnyGirl Posts: 2,639 Forumite
    Options
    Happy birthday Meg :bdaycake::bdaycake: enjoy your meal out. I'm another who votes chocolate for breakfast as a good thing ;)

PN Enjoy your meal out too :)

Very late check in for me today as I've had no internet for most of the day :eek: Vodafone have been doing upgrades and I must say it seems faster so far, it can be notoriously slow at times.

Had a bit of a cba cooking day today although I have randomly ended up cooking and faffing with a couple of things. I had got a pack of 4 chicken breasts out of the freezer to 'do something with' yesterday but didn't so they were looking at me today when I knew I had to use them as I'm working all weekend and deliberately don't cook when I get home as I'm usually shattered. Didn't fancy all my usual dishes of curry or garlicky chicken but needed something that could be frozen in portions. Had a root through the cupboards and found a Colemans sausage casserole mix which I put into a casserole dish with the chicken, an onion, carrot and handful of frozen peppers and threw in the oven. Figured that there can't be much difference in the mixes! It'll hopefully be a nice change of meal and will go with all manner of potatoes when the weather gets cooler.

I then ended up making my sandwiches fo work and 8 orange jellies with mandarins in. Went to the Co-op as I'd ran out of coffee :eek: and saw a pack of 6 Warburton's crumpets reduced to 30p and a pack of 4 banoffee muffins reduced to 22p. Tea tonight will therefore be crumpets with beans and a muffin with maybe a scoop of ice cream :D
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 12,492 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Happy birthday Meg and many of them

I fancied a run out and went to waitroses, hardly bought anything. Tea cakes, small pizza, newspaper. Spoke for quite a while with the air ambulance man who was collecting for their raffle. Air ambulance is one of my two charities, you don`t realise how valuable they are until you need them and husband did, so we all try and help now

one bar of 85% chocolate and one spelt loaf, oh yes and the highlight was a pack of pork pate, so guess what I had for lunch as well as the obligatory salad. Fish and veg was my last meal of the day. I made parkin yesterday, could not resist a slice after lunch, wow, so tasty and satisfying. Now have to keep my mitts off, except for one a day at most. All in the fridge

So many packs of multiples, that is why I hardly bought anything. If I buy multiples then I have to eat them, rather than just have a temporary tummy filler
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,228 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    kittie wrote: »
    So many packs of multiples, that is why I hardly bought anything. If I buy multiples then I have to eat them, rather than just have a temporary tummy filler

I second that, the annoying thing is sometimes multiple packs are not much dearer than a couple of the items, which I guess is the object, to shift as much stuff as possible

Overdosed on cake with the grandchildren, so dinner finished up as cheese salady sarnie, and then more cake :o
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Options
    Happy Birthday MEG :bdaycake:
    I'm having cheesy, courgette lasagne for tea, made by DD😁She's got a job as a nursery cook, so is practising cooking 😁
    Went to Farmoods yest, n got loads of bargains to see me through until next week.
    Am doing a rough meal plan later xx
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,091 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good evening everyone,
    My oven seal is not repaired, of course like it seems everything else I own it's a non-standard size so none of the one's they carry fitted. The chap said he felt like Goldilocks trying all the kit and none were just right :rotfl: , he hope's to be back next Friday with one that's "just right", this one wasn't as dishy as the chap on Tuesday but his chat was good. He seemed to know me and I suspect we might have been in the same year at school but could I place him ......

Lots of fruit used up to make crumbles so my son & Dad will pleased as there are spares for them to have, one for tonight and one for the freezer. They are random mix of brambles from the garden with apricots, flat peaches and apples from the fruit bowl added.With ginger biscuits and muesli added to the topping, they smell good though. I had planned to pop some cherries in as well but forgot and ate them while I was waiting for the engineer :o
  • SunnyGirl
    SunnyGirl Posts: 2,639 Forumite
    Options
    candygirl wrote: »
    Went to Farmoods yest, n got loads of bargains to see me through until next week.
    Am doing a rough meal plan later xx

That's just reminded me that I got a flyer through the door today for Farmfoods which isn't normally a shop I go to. They were advertising sugar 1kg bags at 2 for £1 so I'll go next week and get one for me and one for my youngest sons uni box ready for him to take back. Thanks Candy Girl :)
  • moneyistooshorttomention
    Options
    "Bits and pieces" eating today. A CBA day - so lunch and dinner were variously things like some slices of sourdough bread, some "ready cooked":o rice and quinoa, salad with some of the "caesar" sorta dressing made a couple of days back, a banana, sorta icecream made with yogurt/avocado/chocolate powder.

Still - never mind. The plus side is I resisted buying any booze for "nerve calming" purposes after standing up for myself twice in one day today. First time was someone trying to tell me what to do (not the first time they've tried) and I simply refused and told them they were not to try and tell me what to do ever again. Second one was one of those spam phonecalls - which I never let go on for very long - and caller started with "Can I speak to the householder?" and just got a one-word answer "No!" and down went the phone.

Still not figured exactly why this "trying to tell me what to do" malarkey has been happening about the last 3 years - after about 60 years without it (apart from parents and employers) - but shall be practicing Caron's giving them A Look or "I beg your pardon" way of dealing with it I think:rotfl:
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Options
    SunnyGirl wrote: »
    That's just reminded me that I got a flyer through the door today for Farmfoods which isn't normally a shop I go to. They were advertising sugar 1kg bags at 2 for £1 so I'll go next week and get one for me and one for my youngest sons uni box ready for him to take back. Thanks Candy Girl :)

Remember the vouchers for if you're spending over £25 ;)
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • Hollyharvey
    Hollyharvey Posts: 1,939 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    "Bits and pieces" eating today. A CBA day
    I'm with you on having a "Bits and pieces" eating day when in CBA mood :) I think it makes a pleasant change from full meals.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure