Absolutely terrible experience with Vodafone (sim only) deal that ended 18Oct 2019

Options
Vai
Vai Posts: 8 Forumite
Did anyone else have any similar experiences?

Comments

• Inner_Zone
    Inner_Zone Posts: 2,853 Forumite
    edited 19 October 2019 at 11:32AM
    Options
    Vai wrote: »
    Did anyone else have any similar experiences?

How are we supposed to know what the "Absolutely terrible experience with Vodafone (sim only) deal that ended 18Oct 2019" is / was?

Actually that was yesterday, so now it is presumably a rolling 30 day contract and you have not given notice and expected it to end?
  • Jon_01
    Jon_01 Posts: 5,872 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    My vote for post of the day. . .
  • Vai
    Options
    The Vodafone signup form had submission problems when attempting to checkout the sign up for the new account, which appeared to be doing credit checks each time it clicked continue (at the end of the page).

I called Vodafone and they stated that they used Experian. I signed up with Experian to check my credit rating and it was top rated with no issues whatsoever. I spoke to Experian, and they said they see no problems with my account at all, went back to Vodafone, spent hours on the phone, also on webchat, with no resolution, i tried to sign up around 5 to 6 times in total and none of them went through, when I had filled all of the correct information via sign up / checkout page.

(This was for the deal with the £100 Amazon voucher)

Nightmare.
  • Neil_Jones
    Neil_Jones Posts: 8,936 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    So this isn't a Vodafone issue per se. It's a website issue. Or browser issue.

In situations like this the first thing you do is use another browser and if it goes through then then the issue is not with Vodafone it is with your setup.
  • Vai
    Options
    Inner_Zone wrote: »
    How are we supposed to know what the "Absolutely terrible experience with Vodafone (sim only) deal that ended 18Oct 2019" is / was?

Actually that was yesterday, so now it is presumably a rolling 30 day contract and you have not given notice and expected it to end?

:)

This is my first time posting on the forum. Please see my more detailed post above ...

I have genuine concerns about what happened, and can re-post (and remove this one) for clarity if needed.

This was one of the MSE (blagged) related offers, hence why I made an assumption that it may be fairly well know what was being referred to.
  • Vai
    edited 19 October 2019 at 12:12PM
    Options
    Neil_Jones wrote: »
    So this isn't a Vodafone issue per se. It's a website issue. Or browser issue.

In situations like this the first thing you do is use another browser and if it goes through then then the issue is not with Vodafone it is with your setup.

There were messages that came back from the Vodafone system so it didn't appear to be browser specific.

The first message stated that the system couldn't identify me, I spoke to Vodafone, after a very long wait and the automated system binning out and cutting me off (not because of choices made, but because the system "wasn't working right now"), they advised I check that the addresses matched up exactly as with my bank, I checked with my bank and (granted) this was an issue at the banks end, they had a slightly (wrong) variation on my address (but the web page did not advise this). It's worth noting that all these details were used as is, already with another provider (BT) with no issue.

The second message advised that the credit check failed, which links back to my other post here:
    Vai wrote: »
    I called Vodafone and they stated that they used Experian. I signed up with Experian to check my credit rating and it was top rated with no issues whatsoever. I spoke to Experian, and they said they see no problems with my account at all, went back to Vodafone, spent hours on the phone, also on webchat, with no resolution, i tried to sign up around 5 to 6 times in total and none of them went through, when I had filled all of the correct information via sign up / checkout page..

I did try another once of twice on advice from Vodafone after they "made a change on the system", which failed in the same way.

After another "change" made later, I tried once more with the correct identifiable info posted which came back with the same cannot identify message, after which I gave up.
  • mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    edited 19 October 2019 at 1:52PM
    Options
    I had similar probems creating an account with Vodaonfe a few years ago. In those days the WRT found a way, but they have apparently been axed by this wonderful outfit. The way round it wasn't straightforward - maybe they resorted to emailing me bills in the end (can't remember the details).

Without the WRT I'm not sure you'll find a way round it. Best avoid Vodafone in future, but I know that doesn't help now. The only thing I can think of is to lodge a formal complaint, wait 8 weeks (assuming they ignore it) and then progress to the Ombudsman ( though I'm not sure how helpful they will be. I would add that I am assuming you have a contract and can't creat a log on. IF you're applying for a contract it will certainly be rejected since Vodafone automatically do that if you've applied within the previous 90 days. Without seeing what your issue is it's hard to tell which applies. If it's a deal which reached to end of its minimum term as stated in the heading, you will have needed to either give 30 days' notice or ask for and exercise a PAC. It's not uncommon to netwroks to end account access once the contract has been terminated.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure