Tiger's DMP Journey

Options

Comments

• DMP_Tiger
    DMP_Tiger Posts: 182 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    edited 11 August 2018 at 8:24AM
    Options
    Budget looking good for the rest of August. Just taken the dog for her booster jab. Had £40 in the dog budget and it cost £36. First time ever a vet bill hasn't gone on the credit card!

Need to sort out dog insurance now I don't have a CC for emergencies...
    August 2018: Secured Debt £70,003 Unsecured Debt (DMP) £34,657 Total £104,660 DFD: March 2031
    January 2019: Secured Debt £68,269 Unsecured Debt (DMP) £34,457 Total £102,726 DFD: March 2031
  • Maverick87
    Options
    I send my initial letters the same week you did. Just came back on here to see how you were getting on.

Initial letters didn't include I&e, so only one of 5 creditors let me know details of where to send the £1 token for 4 months.

I must have 10 calls a day at the moment.

I told them my DMP would start 1st October and last Thursday finally sent out the step change budget. No replies yet but not letting it get me down anymore. I'll start paying when I am ready and for the first time ever we've started to get some savings. Car insurance due next week though so will wipe them all out :(
  • DMP_Tiger
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Maverick87 wrote: »
    I send my initial letters the same week you did. Just came back on here to see how you were getting on.

Initial letters didn't include I&e, so only one of 5 creditors let me know details of where to send the £1 token for 4 months.

I must have 10 calls a day at the moment.

I told them my DMP would start 1st October and last Thursday finally sent out the step change budget. No replies yet but not letting it get me down anymore. I'll start paying when I am ready and for the first time ever we've started to get some savings. Car insurance due next week though so will wipe them all out :(

I haven't had any replies yet to my payments offers, I sent them all out a week ago. Payments should be starting 28th September as I get paid on 27th of each month.
    August 2018: Secured Debt £70,003 Unsecured Debt (DMP) £34,657 Total £104,660 DFD: March 2031
    January 2019: Secured Debt £68,269 Unsecured Debt (DMP) £34,457 Total £102,726 DFD: March 2031
  • DMP_Tiger
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Reply from Aqua: They have accepted my monthly payment offer as long as the first payment is with them by 28th August. My letter clearly stated that payments will begin on 28th September :mad: They had said previously that they were going to default on 18th August but if they've accepted my payment offer, maybe they won't default.......but I need them to default.

Reply from MBNA: They have not accepted my monthly payment offer because I can't pay the debt off in 5 years. I guess that means that I will just pay them as per my offer anyway and wait for the account to default.
  • motivated
    motivated Posts: 3,044 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    DMP_Tiger wrote: »
    Reply from Aqua: They have accepted my monthly payment offer as long as the first payment is with them by 28th August. My letter clearly stated that payments will begin on 28th September :mad: They had said previously that they were going to default on 18th August but if they've accepted my payment offer, maybe they won't default.......but I need them to default.

Reply from MBNA: They have not accepted my monthly payment offer because I can't pay the debt off in 5 years. I guess that means that I will just pay them as per my offer anyway and wait for the account to default.

Hi DMP tiger. Our MBNA CCs ( one big one over 12k and one around 4.5k) would never of been paid in the 5 year either but I paid them what I'd budgeted for and within approx 2 months they sold the 2 debts on to PRA Group. Both CCs defaulted so no interest added from then on. PRA wrote to me explaining they now have the debts. I set up the same payment amounts with them and so far I've had no issues whatsoever.

It sounds like MBNA are trying to get you to pay more than you can afford.
    Good luck
    Emptying my lake with a teaspoon
  • DMP_Tiger
    First Anniversary
    Options
    motivated wrote: »

It sounds like MBNA are trying to get you to pay more than you can afford.
    Good luck

Yes they are, they replied to my original offer of £11.49 per month saying that I could afford £31.00 per month. This letter just said that they won't accept £11.49 because it would take me more than 5 years to clear the debt.

To be fair, the tone of the letter was more like they couldn't accept it as an arrangement to pay, they would have to default the account - there was no threatening language or anything.

Aqua on the other hand, appeared to accept it as a payment arrangement but that's not what I want - I need the default!

Strange really because the debts are both around £5k so you'd think that their actions would be the same.....
  • motivated
    motivated Posts: 3,044 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    I would say drop to token payments for x amount of months until they default you. Make your I & E to look like that's all you can afford. I have a loan to Mum and a loan to son that I have to repay and the big vet bills I had ( all not quite true but hey ho ) :p
    M
    Emptying my lake with a teaspoon
  • DMP_Tiger
    First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm paying £78 per month between 5 creditors on £35k of debt so they're not getting much more than token payments anyway.......

I'll wait and see if Aqua default me on the 18th. If they don't then I'll give them a call and tell them I won't pay until they default me.
  • DMP_Tiger
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Latest statement from Aqua, another £85 interest plus £12 late payment charge :mad: They are the only ones adding on interest and charges at the mo so desperately need them to default me.

On a brighter note, we are going away on Sunday for a short UK break (until Wednesday). Just in a Travelodge but paid for with our own money (not CC) and spending money is saved up and ready to spend :)

Travelodges are nice and cheap but all meals have to be paid for. We'll stock up on cereal bars and biscuits from Lidl for breakfast. Dinner will be at Hungry Horse or whichever chain has deals on (have a BOGOF voucher for Brewers Fayre). Lunches are a bit more tricky and often end up costing nearly as much as evening meals. Will have to have a think on that one......
  • Robin09
    Robin09 Posts: 596 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    How frustrating, that's a big chunk of money to be added on :mad: hope you get the default asap

Hope you have a nice time away.
    SPC 076
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family