Tiger's DMP Journey

Options

Comments

• Belated Happy Birthday, I hope you got suitably spoilt.

Don't beat yourself up about a takeaway, you are allowed to enjoy yourself and not be a slave to the debt.

Boo to Aqua adding on the interest and fees, hopefully that will stop soon.

Have subscribed and will be following xx
  • DMP_Tiger
    Options
    Thanks for subscribing PMO2, yes I am allowed to enjoy myself and it's more enjoyable coming out of budget rather than going onto the CC. I am going to be short at the end of the month though and will have to borrow some out of the Emergency fund. Not a major problem but I've already borrowed £300 so my £1000 EF is soon going to be going to be closer to £600. :(

Need to pay some back into the EF, will work on that from payday!
    August 2018: Secured Debt £70,003 Unsecured Debt (DMP) £34,657 Total £104,660 DFD: March 2031
    January 2019: Secured Debt £68,269 Unsecured Debt (DMP) £34,457 Total £102,726 DFD: March 2031
  • DMP_Tiger
    Options
    Received a letter from Moorcroft (DCA). They are now managing my Aqua credit card debt.
    August 2018: Secured Debt £70,003 Unsecured Debt (DMP) £34,657 Total £104,660 DFD: March 2031
    January 2019: Secured Debt £68,269 Unsecured Debt (DMP) £34,457 Total £102,726 DFD: March 2031
  • DMP_Tiger
    Options
    Hope everyone had a good weekend. DD needed clothes so had to borrow out of EF. Will be able to replace it on payday so that should work out ok.

Message from Moorcroft asking me to call them. I called them. They were lovely, I had to send them my I & E details so they can make sure that I can afford my Aqua DMP repayment.

Also had a statement from Aqua, and NO INTEREST has been added this month - hooray!!! :T:T

My spreadsheet is telling me that I am going to run out of money next week so may have to borrow more from EF :mad: Hopefully I won't have any emergencies....
  • DMP_Tiger
    Options
    Payday today - hooray!!

Very expensive September as it was a five week month and included August Bank Holiday weekend so the emergency fund has shrunk considerably.

Have topped the EF up today so hopefully won't have to touch it this month.....
  • DMP_Tiger
    DMP_Tiger Posts: 182 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    edited 28 September 2018 at 9:32AM
    Options
    First DMP payments gone out today. Only paying £82 per month at the moment but that's all I can afford. Secured loan also gone out so have updated signature :)

The total figure is big but it's lovely to see the figure going down after it's been steadily rising from £0 to almost £105,000 over the last 25 years :eek:

And it's gone down into the next thousand - hooray!!!!

Also, I have my first default - from Barclaycard - Hooray again!!
  • Summer12
    Summer12 Posts: 103 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi

Found you! You mentioned on another thread you were having problems with Barclays Bank ignoring letters just as I was. I wrote and complained and a month later had all interest, fees and charges refunded back to the date I first wrote to them (5 months previous) and a cheque to apologise! Give it a go if you are still having problems. :)
  • DMP_Tiger
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Summer12 wrote: »
    Hi

Found you! You mentioned on another thread you were having problems with Barclays Bank ignoring letters just as I was. I wrote and complained and a month later had all interest, fees and charges refunded back to the date I first wrote to them (5 months previous) and a cheque to apologise! Give it a go if you are still having problems. :)

Yep, here I am! I'm not normally far away although I haven't been on here for a few days.

As far as I can tell from my credit file and banking app on my phone, Barclays haven't added on any interest or charges. The balance is still exactly the same as it was back in May. I'd been sending them £1 per month and then the first proper (but very low) DMP payment at the end of September but that hasn't come off the balance so not sure what they're doing.....

All I receive is a letter each month telling me how many payments I've missed.
  • DMP_Tiger
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Emergency fund has gone down from £1000 to £200 since the beginning of August. We seem to be using it like an overdraft when we run out of money in the current account......need to build it up again, hopefully we won't have any emergencies.....

We have had a lot of extra expense, not really emergencies but there's nowhere for the money to come from other than the emergency fund. Maybe I should rename it "savings", then I wouldn't worry so much about spending it.....or perhaps "spendings" would be better :)
  • Summer12
    Summer12 Posts: 103 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    DMP_Tiger wrote: »
    Yep, here I am! I'm not normally far away although I haven't been on here for a few days.

As far as I can tell from my credit file and banking app on my phone, Barclays haven't added on any interest or charges. The balance is still exactly the same as it was back in May. I'd been sending them £1 per month and then the first proper (but very low) DMP payment at the end of September but that hasn't come off the balance so not sure what they're doing.....

All I receive is a letter each month telling me how many payments I've missed.

Make sure you keep an eye on them, had the letter stating no more charges and refunding them from several months back. Checked statement and indeed they had refunded them but then 2 days later more interest added. Just going to let it go for a few months then complain again if they are still at it. Maybe they’ll send another cheque!

Know what you mean re: emergency fund. Something always seems to crop up. I don’t know how we will save for full and final offers in a few years but certainly need to budget that in somehow!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure