bitcoin trading.

Options

Comments

• cajef
    cajef Posts: 6,266 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 17 July 2018 at 2:55PM
    Options
    Never a good idea to fully quote spam, I would edit your post and delete the spammy bit and put xxxxxxxxxxxx so it does not remain on the forum.
  • msallen
    msallen Posts: 1,494 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    cajef wrote: »
    Never a good idea to fully quote spam, I would edit your post and delete the spammy bit and put xxxxxxxxxxxx so it does not remain on the forum.

I disagree. Now when the original post is deleted but someone searches for the name of the spamming company, rather than finding nothing here, they find evidence of their "undesirable marketing practises". i.e. a negative result rather than a neutral one.
  • bowlhead99
    bowlhead99 Posts: 12,295 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Post of the Month
    Options
    msallen wrote: »
    I disagree. Now when the original post is deleted but someone searches for the name of the spamming company, rather than finding nothing here, they find evidence of their "undesirable marketing practises". i.e. a negative result rather than a neutral one.

I'm not sure I necessarily agree with that approach of preserving the spam's name for posterity.

The problem is that most people using search engines do not follow the links to read every corner of the internet where the name comes up... so they would not follow through to this site and find that evidence that the company in question indulged in a bit of junk marketing. But the company might have a mild boost to the total number of search engine hits whenever you put its name in a search bar, due to being mentioned on more web pages. Any publicity is, as they say, good publicity.

In other situations where for example a company shill has set up a thread innocently enquiring about some dangerously risky or outright scam 'investment opportunity'... and a savvy forum user has done some research and provided a scathing commentary on just how risky the offer is and why it carries all the hallmarks of a scam... I'm typically one of the people saying please don't mark it as spam, as it would be a great shame if the thread got deleted because then nobody searching MSE or Google is going to benefit from the research that proved it a likely scam, or would find out what sort of things you can look out for when evaluating if something's legit.

I appreciate this sounds like a double standard but I think the difference is:

1) if something is just blatant spam and quickly eradicated with the spam button, we should not give them the satisfaction of keeping their company name on our community pages, but

2) if something is shown to be a scam or dangerously misleading and we have done some digging and recorded chapter and verse about why the offer is bad, risky, fraudulent etc in a sequence of posts within our community, it is very useful to keep that content 'alive' for people using the Search tools to find and be well warned, rather than us need to be on our guard that it will come around again and either we have to repeat ourselves or risk it not getting shot down so effectively the next time.
  • Malthusian
    Malthusian Posts: 10,944 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Anyone dealt with brightertrade?

Almost certainly no-one here has, because

1) It is not authorised to conduct business in the UK, or even its home country of Estonia. It's even managed the rare feat of garnering a warning from the Estonian regulator.

2) More generally, this is a Savings and Investments forum, and people who have no savings because they blew it all trying to get rich quick with CFDs from Estonian brokers have no reason to use a Savings and Investments forum.
  • 4_Pete's_Sake
    Options
    So many people have been predicting the bursting of the Cryptocurrency Bubble and now it is in full flow.

Bitcoin: 18/12/17 $19500 - Now $7000 a 64% fall
    Ethereum: 14/1/18 $1353 - Now $676 a 59% fall
    Ripple: 5/1/18 $3.45 - Now $ 0.69 an 80% fall
    Bitcoin Cash: 21/12/17 - Now $3551 Now $907 a 75% fall

This is just the beginning. Expect all of them to drop by at least 95% from their highs. It's Dot.com all over again and many young people are getting burnt.

The wise will have heeded the warnings and top sliced or sold all of them already.

I feel sorry for all those taken in by advertising over recent months, some referring to growth of 49,000% etc with no real warnings about how the price can also crash.

I wonder if some Solicitors will see potential here to make claims of mis-selling.

What will be next?

Perhaps someone selling computer codes to bubbles located in black holes. They could call them "Gullibubbles".

Checkout the latest falls here:

https://coinranking.com/

The above was posted by me on 5/2/2018

The Stat's now are as follows:

Bitcoin: 18/12/17 $19500 - Now $4597 a 76.5% fall
    Ethereum: 14/1/18 $1353 - Now $136 a 90% fall
    Ripple/XRP: 5/1/18 $3.45 - Now $ 0.44 an 87% fall
    Bitcoin Cash: 21/12/17 $3551 - Now $238 a 93.3% fall

So much for Crypto Millionnaires, more like Crypto Bankrupts. :eek:

Expect further fall in Crypto Prices. :eek:
    IF THIS POST HAS BEEN HELPFUL - PLEASE CLICK ON THANKS :j
  • Type_45
    Type_45 Posts: 1,723 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    The prices will go back up. Those coins aren't going anywhere any time soon.

I hope the price goes down to £1. I will buy lots of them if they do.
  • dealer_wins
    Options
    Why they will never take off is because they are unregulated, difficult to understand, difficult to use, subject to cyber attacks, and people can lose them all in a split second with no protection whatsoever!
  • Type_45
    Options
    Why they will never take off is because they are unregulated, difficult to understand, difficult to use, subject to cyber attacks, and people can lose them all in a split second with no protection whatsoever!

They should be kept offline on a device such as a Nano S, Trezor or KeepKey. This is perfectly safe. If you keep them online you are risking theft.
  • Aegis
    Aegis Posts: 5,688 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Type_45 wrote: »
    They should be kept offline on a device such as a Nano S, Trezor or KeepKey. This is perfectly safe. If you keep them online you are risking theft.
    Perfectly safe unless you lose the device...

This of course contrasts with actual cash, which is perfectly safe to keep offline (unless you lose it) or online (where it is secure and protected by compensation arrangements).
    I am a Chartered Financial Planner
    Anything I say on the forum is for discussion purposes only and should not be construed as personal financial advice. It is vitally important to do your own research before acting on information gathered from any users on this forum.
  • Type_45
    Options
    Aegis wrote: »
    Perfectly safe unless you lose the device...

This of course contrasts with actual cash, which is perfectly safe to keep offline (unless you lose it) or online (where it is secure and protected by compensation arrangements).

If you lose the device the coins can be recovered with recovery words.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure