Loancheck/Watsons Solicitors

Options

Comments

• maxdp
    maxdp Posts: 3,873 Forumite
    Options
    marshallka wrote: »
    So did you send your recorded delivery letter to Watson maxdp. I thought you were writing to them?

I am in the process of writing it Marshallka. Been a bit busy earlier today with half term and dentists etc etc.

Will defo go tomorrow though that is my first mission.
    :mad:
  • maxdp
    Options
    So are people to ring BK then to communicate over loancheck complaints?

Well there seems to be some discrepancy at the moment. Some say that All Watsons cases are being sent by Black Knight to other Solicitors, I have been told by Black Knight that mine is not going through them.

I am waiting to hear back from Watson first and then will tackle things from there.
  • maxdp
    Options
    One Poster on here one of several who wish to remain anonymous has said that they have been told by Black Knight that their case was being taken from Watsons and MAY be placed with Stokes & Co from Telford. By all accounts when they are taken from the original Solicitors they are being risk assessed again to make sure the new Solicitor has a case.
  • marshallka
    marshallka Posts: 14,585 Forumite
    Options
    kate705 wrote: »
    Hi,

I have been told that Andrew Watson doesn't want to do this sort of work anymore. I think he will pass your case back to Black Knight maybe? Are you sure the file is still with them Maxdp?
    So what have they told you to do about your complaint? Is yours being passed to to BK?
  • marshallka
    Options
    maxdp wrote: »
    One Poster on here one of several who wish to remain anonymous has said that they have been told by Black Knight that their case was being taken from Watsons and MAY be placed with Stokes & Co from Telford. By all accounts when they are taken from the original Solicitors they are being risk assessed again to make sure the new Solicitor has a case.
    And that could be a problem for loads here. I said it yesterday, would another solicitor "think" the same as Watsons did in that the loans are flawed perhaps? Would people be only using them for something they could do themselves at FOS and then find they are charged a fee anyway?
  • maxdp
    Options
    I would suggest that first of all if you have a case with a Solicitor write to that Solicitor send the letter recorded delivery and give them 1 week to reply.

Ask them if they are still working on their case. At what stage is the case. How long do they think it will be before it is bought to a conclusion.

If their case has been passed on through Black Knight then write to Black Knight asking them where they are sending your case. How long it will be before the risk assessment has been completed and it will be passed on to another solicitor. Also you need reassurance from your ORIGINAL solicitor that you will not be invoiced for any costs at all and that the Agreement you have with them has now been cancelled.

You could also ask Black Knight to confirm the same re costs.

This is only suggestions if you need legal advice then go to another Solicitor or CAB .
  • marshallka
    edited 15 February 2010 at 8:27PM
    Options
    I would suggest that first of all if you have a case with a Solicitor write to that Solicitor send the letter recorded delivery and give them 1 week to reply.

Ask them if they are still working on their case. At what stage is the case. How long do they think it will be before it is bought to a conclusion.

If their case has been passed on through Black Knight then write to Black Knight asking them where they are sending your case. How long it will be before the risk assessment has been completed and it will be passed on to another solicitor. Also you need reassurance from your ORIGINAL solicitor that you will not be invoiced for any costs at all and that the Agreement you have with them has now been cancelled.

You could also ask Black Knight to confirm the same re costs.

This is only suggestions if you need legal advice then go to another Solicitor or CAB .
    Its a bit catch 22 here though. IF you write to the solicitor "again" you are trusting a solicitor that has "never" fulfilled anything within the contract from day one so TBH and you could be left dangling on string and never get anywhere.

Also if you let the case be passed on then there is no guarantee that because the case was a "good" one because the loancheck model (whatever it is) said it was "good" that any other solictor would view this the same.

People only used this service because it was said to be totally RISK free to the client for costs EVER, win or lose.

An extract here from accounting advice

The initial LoanCheck calculator questionnaire, which is on the website, provides information that can lead to a full audit of a mortgage or loan account and all the reports necessary to pursue lenders. This has been achieved by working with a number of solicitor firms nationally to process and run cases on a no win no fee basis, allowing consumers to pursue potential cases to a satisfactory conclusion without further financial risk to themselves.

I cannot understand anyone that has not been contacted and not received phone call back not making complaints to the authorities. I don't understand this one? Am i missing something here? Complaints definately need to be made by all.

If all that happens now is that Loancheck complaints are passed over the client is charged they could have done this all along from Googling themselves. This was supposed to be the only service of its kind. Yeah right. According to this thread there has been no service from any involved.
  • maxdp
    Options
    I think some people are just hanging on financially by the skin on their teeth and are hoping that this will get sorted soon. By making it official it may mean the end of their chances.

The reason I say to write to the solicitor again is that you can then use this info if you need to report them, also if they are making promises they cannot keep that will be recorded. You also need in writing that you will not incurr any costs if you pull out.

I know a lot of people myself included have up until this point phoned him, with differing degrees of success. I have to say up until Friday I have always got through to him and spoken to him so I have perhaps just been lucky.

Also where Solicitors are involved I think people are wary to make complaints etc.
  • marshallka
    Options
    I think some people are just hanging on financially by the skin on their teeth and are hoping that this will get sorted soon. By making it official it may mean the end of their chances.

The reason I say to write to the solicitor again is that you can then use this info if you need to report them, also if they are making promises they cannot keep that will be recorded. You also need in writing that you will not incurr any costs if you pull out.

I know a lot of people myself included have up until this point phoned him, with differing degrees of success. I have to say up until Friday I have always got through to him and spoken to him so I have perhaps just been lucky.

Also where Solicitors are involved I think people are wary to make complaints etc.
    But NO_ONE should incur charges for pulling out. (Remember Loancheck said "No risk whatsoever to the client). The solicitors have clearly breached their contract themselves by not communicating with clients so cannot see how they can actually enforce anything from it on clients. This is confusing, I realise what you are saying about waiting BUT surely by now people are entitled to make complaints about the service. Do you think there will be charges if people pull out and they can actually enforce them on the clients?
  • kate705
    kate705 Posts: 133 Forumite
    Options
    So what have they told you to do about your complaint? Is yours being passed to to BK?

What complaint do you mean? The case I have is with BK and will go to new solicitor. Like a lot of people here, I need to find out if I can have the case back now either to do myself or place with someone. The problem is that all this time has been wasted.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure