Cross Stitch and Craft Cafe 2019

Options

Comments

• nmm
    nmm Posts: 2,382 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I love blackwork that looks great JCS1, what SAL is it?
    Cross Stitch Cafe Member No1WIP: Cross Stitch: Seascape Kit - Crochet:
  • Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 4,876 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hello chums!
    Loved the snowy scenic photo JCS1. Hope it didn't curtail any plans you had? We had approx 1cm of snow which I was a little disappointed with but meant business as usual for school and work luckily.
    Love the Elvis update nmm. When do you need to finish it by? The SAL looks lovely JCS1. I do love black work it's so methodical.
    I have finished the main body of the crocheted blanket (40 colours, 3 rows of each). Now need to sew in the ends which shouldn't take too long. We are at a quiz night tonight and I have plans for a haircut and a costco trip today so it's not looking likely I'll be able to do it today. Tomorrow i am helping at a church function but would hope to do some craft whilst the rugby is on later.
    Have a good day all
    Coxy x
    Cross-stitch WIP: Durene Jones Haberdashery Shop 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn 12/24
  • nmm
    Options
    Hi coxy, sounds like you have a busy weekend planned, congrats on finishing the blanket. I originally wanted to finish Elvis by 31st Dec last year, clearly that didn't happen so I guess it'll be a birthday present this year instead, leaves plenty of time to finish and frame it.
  • Elise1912
    Options
    Hi everyone and thanks for creating this thread! I've been working on a few different crafts and cross stitch projects so far this year. Some of my recent stitches are durene jones ballerinas, a satsuma street one and a birth sampler from Caterpillar cross Stitch. My next project will be something for mothers day.
  • nmm
    Options
    Hi Elise, welcome to the caf! :)
  • Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 4,876 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi Elise,
    Welcome to the thread x Sounds like you've been busy. Which Satsuma Street design did you do? I bought pdfs of the city scenes and have completed New York and Sydney so far. I am currently working on London, amongst other things - currently finishing off a crocheted blanket from black sheep wools.
    I'm going to make a start on sewing in the ends of the blanket tonight as DH is off to see his pub buddies. After that I need to steel myself for the challenging edging eeeek!
    Have a good evening all
    Coxy x
    Cross-stitch WIP: Durene Jones Haberdashery Shop 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn 12/24
  • nmm
    Options
    Coxy, I hate sewing in the ends so good luck with that and hopefully the border is not as hard as you think.

JCS1, can't wait to see the SAL continue

My latest Elvis update

46138829905_f97abdc1c4.jpg
  • Elise1912
    Options
    Thanks so much for creating this thread - what a lovely idea! I have quite a few projects on the go at the moment!
  • nmm
    Options
    Hi all, just wondering if anyone is going to The Creative Craft Show at Glasgow in March? still plodding along with Elvis will update soon, need to sort a card out too as I want to do one a month, enjoy the weekend :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport