Dancing in the Rain

Options

Comments

• doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,755 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    edited 13 April 2017 at 9:46PM
    Options
    I’ve eaten turkey/4 bird roast at every meal for the last 4 days. Glad to see the back of it if I’m honest.:p I need to meal plan again as the fridge is empty (again).

I bought some flowers today: A beautiful bouquet. I dithered because although it was reduced from £15 it still cost £4.50 and this DF journey has given me an ultra frugal outlook so it seemed expensive. I also bought cake to take to take to the friend’s I am going to Saturday.

I will use my money box to pick up Aldi super six veggies. It would make sense to go for a walk in the morning to pick them up. Exercise and veggies. Win. Win. :)

I wasn’t great with spending today. :o It has to be said. Two Ner0 decaf coffees, lunch, as I forgot to bring a decent breakfast or lunch (£7.65) Some bits from the chemist (£9) Then YS flowers and YS food in MnS (£20) Fares (£7) £43.65 in total. This is a vast percentage of all I have left until pay day

On the positive side I wrote a good letter of complaint to Tesco mobile which I will send ‘signed for’ on Saturday :T

I wrote to my bank again about an error they made and I posted the letter :T

Main meal
    Smoked haddock and sweet potato fishcakes in a quinoa crust with baby leaf salad
    Spiced Mediterranean veggies with feta and coriander on quinoa
    Coconut and coriander black-eyed beans on red rice and baby leaf salad
    Chicken, butter bean mash, spinach and chicken gravy
    Beef and bean burger with sweet potato chips and salad
    Thai yellow veggie curry on amaranth with a fried egg and black sesame seeds
    Leftover day

Lunches
    Lentil and spinach soup
    Leek and potato soup
    Cheese and fruit

Breakfast
    Fruit and coffee or
    Egg on toast or
    Omelette (made with leftover Med veggies and cheese)

Feeling a bit more motivated again. Probably because I have 4 days holiday as from now!!!
    Welcome to the holidays people
    DIA x
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • another_casualty
    Options
    Hi doing it :)
    This is another diary that I have started reading .
    Only on page 4 :o
    Yoga and meditation . I'm interested, and am looking forward to how all this pans out .
    Best of luck , in whatever you do :)
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Hi doing it :)
    This is another diary that I have started reading .
    Only on page 4 :o
    Yoga and meditation . I'm interested, and am looking forward to how all this pans out .
    Best of luck , in whatever you do :)
    Thanks another casualty. I appreciate you dropping by. :) I wouldn't bother reading my whole diary. I can ensure you it isn't as exciting as yours. In a few years I hope to do what you have done but first I need to get debt free :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    It isn’t that I can’t do this DF mission. I can. It isn’t that I don’t want to. I do. I appreciate all the life lessons gained on the way. I do. But, sometimes I get so bleeping bored of it all :(

Anyway…onwards and upwards and all that…

Washed up X1 X1 X1

Made smoked haddock fishcakes. I’ve never made fishcakes before. I’m impressed. They were lush.

Cooked a batch of quinoa

Lentil and veggie soup made

I should be shopping for a strimmer part today but I can’t face a DIY store on a bank holiday. I do have to get it over the next few days so I can tackle the garden. I will get up and out early tomorrow so I am there when the store opens. I spent lots yesterday so today can be A NSD. :)

Now the dining room is clean and decluttered the room looks bigger and brighter. I will clean the patio doors today too…

Tomorrow I am meeting a friend early afternoon to catch-up then we are off to the theatre. I have more plans for Saturday night Sunday morning with lots of people, so quite full on. I love being social but I am a natural introvert so I need quiet days or I lose my balance. So, today I want to spend the day quietly.

My TV is getting worse. Broken aerial, broken remote control (so I use buttons at the back) :eek: and a picture that needs to warm up for an increasing lengthy time! It incorporates a DVD player so I can’t watch that at all. When it finally gives out I will have to do without a TV until after my DF date. YIKES

Burning eucalyptus oil and orange oil today

I hope your day is going the way you want it to go

DIA x

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    most of what's on TV is rubbish anyway
    (so speaks the eastenders addict)
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    most of what's on TV is rubbish anyway
    (so speaks the eastenders addict)
    Thanks INOD.
    I must admit I like good TV( like Broadchurch for instance). But I enjoy rubbish TV sometimes too. We all enjoy rubbish TV sometimes if we are honest. I can do without and have done, but I would rather have a TV. I don't need Sky or Netflix but a bit of Corrie or an episode of Casualty with a cup of tea after a rotten day is cheaper than drugs and alcohol and therefore very :money: IMHO.

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Tinkerbelle2000
    Options
    Hi DIA

Well done on the weight loss and also how much you have got accomplished in the last few days. I hope you are feeling better and also your niece.

I'm hoping to get my diary up to date this weekend.

Have a lovely long weekend.

Tink xx
    As of 31st December 2018 Total Debt = £15837.59
    DEBT 1 - £41.10 DEBT 2 - £257.41 DEBT 3 - £584.12 DEBT 4 - £700.00
    DEBT 5 - £655.02 DEBT 6 - £669.18 DEBT 7 - £3448.00 DEBT 8 - £2169.12
    DEBT 9 - £2964.25 DEBT 10 - £4349.39
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    I saw Angels in America last night and it was brilliant :)

Today is a different matter as my incredibly selfish neighbour chose today, Easter Sunday, to start banging on wall and drilling. It is of DIY hell for me. :( I thought of knocking to ask him to stop but I decided not to and to change what I am doing instead. I have stopped reading and started doing stuff whilst listening to the radio.

I am so over living in this house. Another reason why I must stick to my DF plan so I can move. Another Casualty has bravely moved and I hope I can do the same in the next 2 years or sooner.

There is no knight in shining armour who will rescue me I have to do it myself. I was reading Orange Ena’s diary and she was saying she wants to sort out her situation and to get help or find a way outside of herself would seem like cheating. That girl talks a lot of sense. I want to be in the position Fortune Smiles is in of putting my house on the market and knowing it is presentable and I am ready to go! That is my aim.

Household jobs done
    washing up X1 X1 X1
    decluttered and bleached kitchen side and cooker top
    cooked a batch of black eyed beans
    decluttered a basket.

Since writing this the banging has stopped. It might restart when he has had a cup of tea or something but just for this moment the silence is a beautiful thing :)

I hope you are enjoying your Easter.

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Fortune_Smiles
    Fortune_Smiles Posts: 5,033 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi DIA

I wasn't confident about the state of my house before I put it on the market. The paintwork was quite grubby in some of the rooms (I hate the disruption of decorating) and the kitchen cabinets are laminate and peeling around the edges, there is a big hole in the carpet on one of the stairs where the Fotunate Cat used to scratch, etc, etc ... it's far from perfect.

However, the Estate Agents said not to change a thing and just to make sure everything was clean and tidy and that seemed to work.

How would you feel about getting an Agent round just to see? You might be surprised :) It was the first small stone I shifted when I started to move this mountain. Even if you can't move just yet they could advise you on what the priorities are for getting the house ready.

Feeling your pain about the neighbours. Our usually lovely next door neighbour has been digging with a digger on and off all this weekend. Just the thing for a quiet Bank Holiday :eek:

Fortune x
    Mortgage: 86% paid Mortgage Neutral: 100% Emergency Fund: 100%
    A Better View 🌄 'Being on the edge isn't as safe, but the view is better' - Ricky Gervais
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Thanks Fortune, I will take on what you are saying. For me it isn’t a case of a little bit shabby it is a case of whole rooms not being functional so I am in a different position. When I have done the basics I will invite an estate agent to give me a quote. I won’t make it perfect but I need to do the basics so I can have a swift sale.

This afternoon and this evening.
    I’ve decluttered 2 boxes of books and they are out of the boxes, on my sideboard and 6 of them are in the CS pile. The really nice thing is there is nothing on the ground in the dining room anymore. There is something about getting everything off the floor that makes everything look so much clearer and cleaner and of course that makes it easier to clean. :T

After slipping up and leaving a disgusting kitchen last night, it is now spotless :):)

DIA x

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills