Free Electricity Monitor - Which Electric Provider ?

Options

Comments

• Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi laticsforlife

I'm really sorry you're still waiting for your energy monitor.

The demand for these has proved far greater than we anticipated. Consequently, we quickly exhausted our original supplies and had to order considerably more from the manufacturers.

The offer is still open though and you will receive one if you have registered successfully.

At the moment, delivery is approx 90 days from the date the monitor was requested.

I'd be happy to check out your registration if you wish. Just drop an email with your details to the address in my Profile and I will have a look for you.

Again, sorry you are still waiting.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • RobertinHerts
    Options
    Mine just arrived from E.on after the very long wait. Got it installed much more easily than I expected given the location of the meter. Works fine, except, as others have mentioned there is a problem with the clock. Is nPowers the same as my E.On one?

However the optional PC software installation was a real pain and I was close to phoning up for help a couple of times. Of the many problems the worst two were not being able to put in the tariffs without unplugging the USB cable and the program wanting more space than the entire screen necessitating changing the screen resolution.

I'll continue with learning how to use the energy monitor in a seperate thread here.

As others have mentioned a number of Council's will loan energy monitors three week periods and some provide them via the libraries.

Robert
  • gjchester
    gjchester Posts: 5,741 Forumite
    Options
    Hi laticsforlife

I'm really sorry you're still waiting for your energy monitor.

The demand for these has proved far greater than we anticipated. Consequently, we quickly exhausted our original supplies and had to order considerably more from the manufacturers.

The offer is still open though and you will receive one if you have registered successfully.

Blimey I'd forgotten about this and assumed stocks had run out and that was that.
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Hi Robert

Glad you've finally received your monitor and thank you for your patience.

Must admit, I've not heard of particular problems with the clock. Sorry if I have misunderstood but the faults mentioned on the link you posted seem to refer to monitors other than ours. What problem have you had?

Our monitors carry a one year warranty. Therefore, if yours has a specific fault, I would return it to us for replacement. Before you do this, though, have a word with our helpline as it may be something we can sort out over the phone. The number is on your literature.

Also, don't struggle with the software. The helpline I've just mentioned is there to guide customers through these sort of difficulties. Give them a call.

I'm sorry you've had a bit of a struggle with your monitor but hope this helps point you in the right direction. Give me a shout if I can help further as will be happy to do so.

Malc
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    Options
    gjchester wrote: »
    Blimey I'd forgotten about this and assumed stocks had run out and that was that.

No, still sending them out gjchester. As I said above, so long as you've registered successfully for a monitor, you will receive it.

As per my offer to laticsforlife, would be happy to check out your registration if you wish. Just drop an email with your details to the address in my Profile and I will have a look for you. :)

Malc
  • RobertinHerts
    Options
    Hi Robert

Glad you've finally received your monitor and thank you for your patience.

Must admit, I've not heard of particular problems with the clock. Sorry if I have misunderstood but the faults mentioned on the link you posted seem to refer to monitors other than ours. What problem have you had?

Malc

Malc,

It's been losing time steadily and is now exactly 25 minutes behind.

Robert
    Options
    Malc,

Robert

Hi Robert

Sorry for the delay replying; I've been away for a few days and am just catching up.

If you still have the same problem, try unplugging for approx 30 minutes and then plug in again. Should the problem persist, I would return it to the address in the docs we sent out with the monitor.

Hope this helps and sorry the clock on your monitor is running slow.

Malc
  • Parva
    Parva Posts: 1,104 Forumite
    Options
    Malc,

Robert
    The clock loses about a minute each time you use the download function (press 'OK' and 'down'). Indeed it's actually documented in some software that I downloaded to try with the monitor. When the download function of the monitor is used all other operations (including the clock) are suspended and each time you do it you will lose almost a full minute. The solution is to not download too often and / or reset the clock after each use of the download function.

Mine keeps perfect time on the days that I don't download from it, on the days that I do I simply reset it.
  • RobertinHerts
    Options
    The clock loses about a minute each time you use the download function (press 'OK' and 'down').

Useful info Parva, thanks.
    I've only downloaded four times so it couldn't have lost 30 minutes... but it always takes four or five attempts to successfully download so perhaps that does account for the loss of time!

Robert
  • debtfreein5
    Options
    Hi Malc

Sorry, I am being lazy asking you a Q on here whilst reading other posts!

My Eon meter came yesterday (probably 2-3 mth delay - but I was told about this at the time!)

However, my meter is in a box outside - Can I still use the monitor?

Thanks
    Tackling them one step at a time...
    1st Debt repaid by Feb 2011, then onto the big ones!

2010 Target...Ebay myself through Xmas.
    Total Earned £53.60, Spent Nil.

:A
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills