Free Electricity Monitor - Which Electric Provider ?

Options

Comments

• Parva
    Parva Posts: 1,104 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Malc

Sorry, I am being lazy asking you a Q on here whilst reading other posts!

My Eon meter came yesterday (probably 2-3 mth delay - but I was told about this at the time!)

However, my meter is in a box outside - Can I still use the monitor?

Thanks
    Of course. :) My meter too is placed outside in a box, I simply put the clamp around the last cable to the right (it had a red cable-tie on it) and sat the sender in the bottom of the box, works just fine.
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi Malc

Sorry, I am being lazy asking you a Q on here whilst reading other posts!

My Eon meter came yesterday (probably 2-3 mth delay - but I was told about this at the time!)

However, my meter is in a box outside - Can I still use the monitor?

Thanks

Hi debtfreein5

Sorry for the delay replying.

Like Parva says, you can use the monitor even if the meter is outside. In fact, the monitor will work up to 30 metres away from the meter and will pick up signals through walls. :j

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Dustykitten
    Dustykitten Posts: 16,503 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Does anybody know if eon are still doing the free monitors. I am looking to switch but cannot find it on their website. Thanks
    The birds of sadness may fly overhead but don't let them nest in your hair
    Options
    Hi Dustykitten

Yes, I can confirm, we are still offering free Energy Monitors to our customers.

Let me know if you need any more info as will be happy to help.

Malc
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Dustykitten
    Options
    Malc that is great news I am ready to switch to E.ON and have chosen my tariff(save online3), I am fine with doing the switching but just need to know how to apply for the monitor. Do I apply after the switch or at the same time.

Many thanks
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi Dustykitten

You'll be able to apply for a monitor as soon as your account is live.

To be eligible for Saveonline 3, you will need to register with our website. Monitors can be requested through this route by selecting the Energy Fit Starter Pack on the Your Account page.

As I said, make sure your account is live first before requesting a pack.

Alternatively, you can call us or drop an email to the address in my Profile.

Hope this is ok Dustykitten. Give me a shout if you need any more info as will be happy to help. :)

Malc
  • Dustykitten
    Options
    I was given the option during the switch sign up to apply for the monitor and have activated my account so hopefully all will go smoothly. It did warn of a possible delay of 90 days for the monitor though :(
  • eilidh_s
    Options
    I got my energy meter from Scottish Power within 2 days when I changed to the better plan. I am now obsessed with it, and it is taking over my life! I could spend all day staring at it. There is a house being built next door so I have let them run an extension cable into the garage so they can have power until their own is fitted and I can pretty much tell what power tool they are using just by watching the monitor going up and down. I got a fright when they ran a compressor and the total predicted cost for the month jumped up to £160!! Luckily it didn't run for long.
  • Dustykitten
    Options
    Just had an email from E.ON saying:

"The overwhelming response we've had from customers signing up to Energy Fit has taken us somewhat by surprise and we've run out of monitors. More are on their way and the factory is stepping up production for us, however you may have to wait up to 12 weeks to get yours. Our suppliers are doing all they can to meet our demand."

I'm really disappointed that the delay is still so long.
    Options
    Sorry for the wait Dustykitten.

As the email says, the level of demand for the monitors has taken us all by surprise.

Not sure, but off the top of my head, I think we've already sent out over a quarter of a million monitors so far.

Again, apologies for the delay.

Malc
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure