This Time I'm Really Going To Do It

Options

Comments

• michelle09
    Options
    Sorry that the police can't take it anywhere. They're so stretched these days that it's decent people who end up suffering for it. :(

Hopefully it's all clearing up ok?
  • Watty1
    Watty1 Posts: 4,930 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    All cleared up and moved on. I am a little nervous about being out on own in the evenings with the ponies in case an intruder turns up but that will pass.
    I didn't expect the police to do anything but reporting it at least gives a picture of the crime levels, if we hadn't had the security measures in place it would have been worse but we do and all is ok.
    Made it to mortgage free but what a muddle that became

In the event the proverbial hits the fan then co-habitees are better stashing their cash than being mortgage free !!
  • Watty1
    Options
    Not feeling too great. Discussed Mr Watty's up and coming road trip. I'm not at all pleased about it and range between fury and total despair. But he is going. Regardless of what I think. I have a very unsettled feeling that things may come to a head. Probably not before he goes as he leaves Sat and his work means I won't see him much if at all before then .. but ..tis not good here by any means.

In the event the proverbial hits the fan then co-habitees are better stashing their cash than being mortgage free !!
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    So sorry to hear this, Watty - it must be awful to hear what's basically 'I'm going no matter what your concerns are'...

Apart from exploring it on here, and committing as much as possible to teh Red Spotted Hanky fund, how can you take care of yourself? Is there anyone you're talking to about it all in RL? Do you find a soothing bath helpful (I don't)? A particularly nice ground coffee that you make yourself once a day (this is my go-to)? You get exercise with the ponies, that's good.

Maybe work on "noticing" (a.k.a. mindfulness, I suppose) - notice what you see when you're outside, don't let the fears and worries inside your head block you from the view of the ponies and nature and so on? Mindfulness isn't airy fairy, its just "pay attention to what you're doing, especially when it's something nice" that I'm advocating.

Hope that makes sense, and hope it helps.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,710 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Watty - if you would like to join a gaggle of 10 year olds at my dd's party and make owls and peg dolls, colour in some stained glass window effect thingies and eat party food, then you are more than welcome. I can offer you a good cup of coffee too. Dress code is casual but you must bring a teddy.

Seriously though, you would be very welcome xx
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • Watty1
    Options
    Watty - if you would like to join a gaggle of 10 year olds at my dd's party and make owls and peg dolls, colour in some stained glass window effect thingies and eat party food, then you are more than welcome. I can offer you a good cup of coffee too. Dress code is casual but you must bring a teddy.

Seriously though, you would be very welcome xx

I would so love to do this :) You made me laugh. I wondered if I might to childish for them????

• apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,710 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Watty1 wrote: »
    I would so love to do this :) You made me laugh. I wondered if I might to childish for them????

You have been pm'ed. It is this saturday!
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Perfick :)
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Watty1
    Options
    You have been pm'ed. It is this saturday!

Yay !! Bless you xx

• AlexLK
    AlexLK Posts: 6,125 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Have you discussed / considered counselling as a couple? Mrs. K. and I did it last year and whilst it wasn't easy it is quite honestly the best thing to happen to our relationship as we have been able to forgive, start afresh and move on. I realised over Christmas trust has built to a level previously unrecognised.
    2018 totals:
    Savings £11,200
    Mortgage Overpayments £5,500
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family