VM Field Sales Advisor called at house after visiting website

Options
2»

Comments

• brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,509 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Virgin must be getting desperate - I can understand phone calls -but sending salesmen out ? Unless they are TOTALLY paid on commission!!
  • AndyPK
    AndyPK Posts: 4,241 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    probably mean he can get his commission and you get a good deal he can't offer.

win win.

You could cancel within 14 days.
  • Kernel_Sanders
    Options
    esuhl wrote: »
    I'm quite capable of researching deals and signing up to a new provider without a salesperson holding my hand.
    Or maybe other parts of your anatomy....
  • Xbigman
    Xbigman Posts: 3,884 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Are you all kidding? Look at something on Amazon and watch adverts for it follow you around the web. This is just the same but they actually send someone.
    Oh and the opt out for marketing is there. Its the bit when they tell you they use cookies. When you click ok you opt in. If you continue onto the site without clicking the cookie notice you opt in. You opt out by closing the web page. Simples.

Now if we are talking about things that are annoying, I made a purchase on 3 for mobile broadband. So i now get adverts from 3 for various packages I'm not going to buy because I already have another. Numpties.

Darren
    Xbigman's guide to a happy life.

Eat properly
    Sleep properly
    Save some money
  • Daz2009
    Daz2009 Posts: 1,079 Forumite
    Options
    I had 1 call at my house recently.
    As my Sky deal ends soon I was interested in what he was offering.
    He offered the Full house package with 100mg broadband and 3 months free cinema/movie channels for £55 per month.I was happy with that.
    When my e-contract came through there was no mention of the free movies.On phonng VM the 1st time I was told they could see the offer and the contract was wrong and then the call was cut off.
    Phoned them again a few days later and was told there was no offer of free movies and the rep shouldn't have included them.
    I told them to cancel the order then.
    I was then offered 200mg broadband instead.I declined.That then became a £5 per month refund.I accepted.
    I was told the contract would remain the same but I'd get a confirmation email within 2 hours.That was 4 days ago,I'm still waiting.
    I am not surprised,when I joined VM for the 1st time 2 1/2 years ago a similar issue occured.
    They are a hopeless company to deal with....to be fair Sky are just as bad
  • esuhl
    esuhl Posts: 9,409 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Xbigman wrote: »
    Are you all kidding? Look at something on Amazon and watch adverts for it follow you around the web. This is just the same but they actually send someone.
    Oh and the opt out for marketing is there. Its the bit when they tell you they use cookies. When you click ok you opt in. If you continue onto the site without clicking the cookie notice you opt in. You opt out by closing the web page. Simples.

Now if we are talking about things that are annoying, I made a purchase on 3 for mobile broadband. So i now get adverts from 3 for various packages I'm not going to buy because I already have another. Numpties.

Darren

There are adverts on the web now...?! I saw one back in the late '90s and instantly installed an ad-blocker.

It's worth selectively blocking unwanted scripts and components on sites so that you aren't tracked to the same extent, and don't see any adverts.

I don't think I'd use the web if it was plastered with advertising.
  • bengalknights
    Options
    Yes ive had this and then hammered the guy for an even better deal
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,509 Forumite
    Options
    esuhl wrote: »
    There are adverts on the web now...?! I saw one back in the late '90s and instantly installed an ad-blocker.

It's worth selectively blocking unwanted scripts and components on sites so that you aren't tracked to the same extent, and don't see any adverts.

I don't think I'd use the web if it was plastered with advertising.

...some web sites are getting "clever" tho' -went on one news site the other day which brings up a banner across the screen-unless you switch off your adblocker you can't use the site!! Their loss:rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure