IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Robin hood airport Doncaster

Options

Comments

• BON_EON
    Options
    Again thanks for the advice.

Just so I'm clear..... from this point on I should simply do NOTHING and wait and see if in the future I get a letter from a court???? Sorry if I'm sounding stupid...
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    you wont get any letters from a court

if they tried the bylaws route you would receive a penalty notice followed by a summons, supposedly issued by the airport themselves , within 6 months (for magistrates court)

if VCS try the parking charge route they would issue a court claim using the centralised office for E & W located in Northampton , the CCBC
    it is later in the process that you would be dealing with your local court

if you have appealed and failed, there is nothing else to do but to sit and wait for developments and then play ping pong

DO NOT ignore any penalty notice, or summons , or a formal LBC , or an MCOL

YOU CAN READ UP ON THIS AIRPORT SC@M by reading other threads about RHA , LJLA and Newcastle airport

you will also find good info in Luton and BHX airport threads where APCOA are contracted
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,410 Forumite
    Options
    That's about it.

But you may get debt collector letters, which should be filed, but absolutely ignored. You may get some 'solicitors' letters - but these are often just letterheads used by debt collectors, to act as frighteners. Checking to whom the letter tells you to pay will often be the indicator as to who sent it - pay the debt collector, it's the debt collector sending it - pay VCS or the solicitors, come back for more advice.

Usually before receiving court papers, you should receive a letter headed 'Letter Before Action/Claim' (or very similar wording), from either VCS or solicitors representing them. The NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #2 deals with LBCs and court papers. When you have a minute, have a read through that part of the sticky.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Redx
    Options
    BON_EON wrote: »
    T
    Has anyone been taken to court recently by this firm at Doncaster airport??

not that we know of, but there are court cases involving LJLA which are ongoing at the moment and are probably a benchmark for you to watch out for
  • BON_EON
    BON_EON Posts: 27 Forumite
    Options
    Hi folks,
    Can someone help me out with the next stage please?
    I have received a letter before claim document and could do with some clear instructions on how to proceed with it.
    I have read post #2 of the newbies thread, but it's a bit vague to in places.
    They have sent me a reply form to fill in, but I've read that I shouldn't fill it in, rather that I send a letter to them. Is this letter basically a detailed account of why I'm not paying the charge, with all the relevant information to back up my case?

Any help would be greatly appreciated
    BON
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,410 Forumite
    Options
    There's a 'template' in the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #2. Work your response using that as the basis (not copying blindly).

Put a copy up here for critique, but be warned there are but just a couple of posters who are likely to get deeply involved, if you're lucky.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • BON_EON
    Options
    Just to note I also DID NOT fill in an appeal to IAS, nor have I had any debt collector letters. This is the first 'serious' letter I've had from my last post
  • BON_EON
    Options
    Thanks, I've read it and will be using some of it.
  • Redx
    Options
    just read , copy and amend any recent 2018 LBC REBUTTAL in threads about B W LEGAL , VCS and EXCEL or similar (or maybe a Gladrags rebuttal as a last resort)

the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread is your starter for ten
  • Wirelessoption
    Options
    Hi BON EON, check my thread out, hopefully it will provide some help. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure