Survey Stashing: GlobalTestMarket hints & tips

Options

Comments

• carriebradshaw
    carriebradshaw Posts: 1,387 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    jaygrunt wrote: »
    Does anyone know how much 1000points is in money on Global??

I've had one amount of money from them but cant remember how much,it was that long ago!!

1,000 points = $50 but you will get a cheque to that value in pound sterling
  • jaygrunt
    jaygrunt Posts: 529 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    1,000 points = $50 but you will get a cheque to that value in pound sterling

WOW :eek: I forgot it was for that much.Now I just sit and wait yeah?? LOL
    If you dont ask you dont get!!
  • libra10
    libra10 Posts: 18,703 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I had a cheque from GTM about a month ago and it was for £33.88.

Not sure how the exchange rate has changed recently though.
  • mcweasel05
    mcweasel05 Posts: 61 Forumite
    Options
    janey_uk wrote: »
    I have been a member for about three weeks and get near daily surveys, all of which take 2-3 minutes before telling me I don't meet the profile. It is quite frustrating and I'm wondering if I'm wasting my time. Does anyone else have this problem?

I've been with Global for about 4 years now and received a few payouts. Whilst yes, I do get alot of 'don't meet profile' you are awarded with 5 points for it. 1 point = $0.05, which all adds up for when you do get to do a survey.
    Also worth mentioning, both myself and my partner recently got to test products through Global. Partner got to keep hers, I had to send back but got a £3 Boots voucher as well as 100+ points for taking part.
    Wins 2012: Nike 20XI Golf Balls & Cap, VIP Cinema Tickets, 4oD Film Rentalx2, Dalepak vouchers (1st twitter win :j) Cinema Tickets x4, T-Shirt, Gardening surprise

Thanks to all comp posters :beer:
  • Fire_Fox
    Fire_Fox Posts: 26,026 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I get loads of surveys from GTM but rarely qualify - just twice in five months! Does anyone have any hints and tips?
    Declutterbug-in-progress.⭐️⭐️⭐️ ⭐️⭐️
  • ruthiejane
    ruthiejane Posts: 1,217 Forumite
    Options
    I received a cheque yesterday, for £32.74 :)
    ilovefreegle.org - give it away don't throw it away :)
  • wayne1983
    wayne1983 Posts: 1,511 Forumite
    Options
    ruthiejane wrote: »
    I received a cheque yesterday, for £32.74 :)
    Just reminded me ive got about 1330 points to redeem:D
    These are a very good survey company, cashed a good amount in 18 months:beer:
    2016 Money challenge - £290
  • mateypeeps
    mateypeeps Posts: 167 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Brian_H wrote: »
    Whenever I have cashed dollar cheques in the past the bank has charged several pounds eating massively into the payout. Does anybody using Global Test market know of a way around this?
    Brian

With the Halifax (or should I call them Llalifax now they are merged/taken over with/by Lloyds?) you get $ cheques paid in for NO FEE.

Only above that carries a penalty.

All this is irrelevant as mentioned by others, GTM pay in your local currency for many nationalities, UK being fortunate in being one covered.

I just received a cheque for £34 last month, no problems with conversion from dollars any more.
  • mateypeeps
    mateypeeps Posts: 167 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have been a member for about three weeks and get near daily surveys, all of which take 2-3 minutes before telling me I don't meet the profile. It is quite frustrating and I'm wondering if I'm wasting my time. Does anyone else have this problem?

More than half of all surveys I get to start, end up saying I do not qualify.

That is, if they have not said the survey is closed already.

So do not worry.

At least if you start a survey you get 5 points art least.

I seem to remember that if you get part way through you get more points if you eventually bomb out.

This is unlike almost any other survey site, except MyView (from memory) where you get eff-all from wasting 20 minutes of your time on a survey that bombs out at the end saying you do not qualify after all.

Greenfield are the worse culprits for this kind of behaviour, Google them to see if their reputation has got any better.

They ruined Ciao Surveys (now sold off to someoneelse) when they took over Ciao and hived off the survey side of Ciao consumer review site.

Ciao surveys used to be OK (especially contributing to the small £5 Ciao payout minimum).

However I digress.

So I stop here.
  • frostyglow
    frostyglow Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options

I've been signed up a few weeks now with exactly the same problem!! I'm still filling out the surveys as they only take a few minutes, but I haven't yet got one which I've completed! On 55 points that 1000 point goal looks miles (and years) away.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure