bill electric £622 for 3 months/1 bedroom

Options
Nikinhbingo
Nikinhbingo Posts: 1 Newbie
Hello every one,

Could you give me advice about this case: I got electric bill 2 days ago with £622 for using from Nov- 31 Jan . We are living in flat one bedroom . We have electric heating floor and regular with 18 degree everyday. And i think we are using electric regular seem other other family in the UK . I do not know why my bill electric too high . One year ago , when i lived at other flat my bill winter time between £35- £45 maximum but from August when we moved to this new building and i saw electric bill increase .

I made call to EDF which provider electric for my flat and the staff said it seemed correct everything. So, What could i do because i discuss with some friends and everyone were shock about this bill.

I would like to ask some one can give me advice what should i do next with this bill? Can i ask for investigate from EDF or some how?

Thank you very much for your reading and waiting for your advices.

Regards,
Niki.

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,387 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Electric is the most expensive heating method. Apart from a decent economy 7 set up.. Having it on all day would generate a large bill.
    Can i ask for investigate from EDF or some how?
    You could buy yourself an electric monitor. That will tell you the live electricity usage rates. Basically, turn everything off to get your base figure (which would be approx a fence per hour) and then turn things on to see what is costing you money.

Have you been giving EDF actual meter readings consistently? or just relied on estimates?
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure