PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

July 2008 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• annelouise_2
    annelouise_2 Posts: 360 Forumite
    Options
    NSD for me as predicted.

Bounty bar/bite/slice is gorgeous and will become a firm fav ,iced buns also.They are just like my old dudah the bakers used to make and so easy.Half eaten half in tin for the next few days,1 to neighbour and I' feeling very righteous as I plan another NSD tomorrow even though the kis are having an extra day off school we plan to bake twinks ,shortbread and idy the wardrobes and drawers a lovely day off.

Have more ebay stuff to list tonight and have marked on my meal planner what is where and I don't need to buy staple food until Tuesday!!!!! So we'll see how that goes.Have spent 70 euros of budget but we are chocca with milk,juice,croissants,tins,baking garb and alcohol.

So only meat,dairy,baguettes and f & v to buy although it is a bit of a fabbie menu for my friends but I am determined to stay in budget again.

Off in pool as kids are a hollaring.SEE YA

SPLASH

annelouise
    Be who you are and say what you think because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind....Dr Seuss
  • newmoneysaver_2
    newmoneysaver_2 Posts: 2,374 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just popped in to update the sig:

I spent £17.05 in Asda - 3 packs of good sausage for a fiver, milk, eggs, 2 packs chicken thighs, stork for baking and chocolate. Not too bad as I still have loads of meals from the freezer.

Must get a wriggle on - Hubby is due home in half an hour and I haven't done anything all day (went out with mum instead!) and I've still got shopping to put away!
  • roxy7699
    roxy7699 Posts: 1,067 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I failed myself. I went out for milk at my local fidls as my dd calls it and spent £42. Ok I am still in budget, but it really wasnt planned - at least the thing that saves me is there is no junk just lots of juice. Never mind.
    Hope everyones doing well
  • annelouise_2
    annelouise_2 Posts: 360 Forumite
    Options
    Wahay for visiting neighbours -

Have just received a fruit bowl of tropical fruit,1/2 bottle rose wine,jar strawberry jam and jar of marmalade.

Jam tarts and fruit salad tomorrow me thinks and ooohhh what to do with the marmalade anyone????????

annelouise
    Be who you are and say what you think because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind....Dr Seuss
  • OrkneyStar
    OrkneyStar Posts: 7,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    oh orkneystar it keeps saying page not found when i click on your links :(

well i went to tesco with a couple of the flippin Daily Mail vouchers and they wouldn't take them! :mad:

edit: oh i can see your twinks now!!!

They are only wee pics to look at as I have not yet figured out how to do links from my photo webpage! Will try to post bigger ones soon :rolleyes:
    Ermutigung wirkt immer besser als Verurteilung.
    Encouragement always works better than judgement.

• Kaz2904
    Kaz2904 Posts: 5,797 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    I've just made ciabatta type rolls from the artisan bread thread. Took 5 mins to chuck it all together and 15 mins to cook. I've just eaten one and I'm stuffed!
    Went to Mr T and spent £11.14. Only got cheese, loaf of bread (reduced for sarnies tomorrow!) and fruit. Will have to hide the cheese as it's so expensive and DH uses loads!
    Looking at my receipt, I only have 304 points- so I'm not spending that much am I?
    Debt: 16/04/2007:TOTAL DEBT [strike]£92727.75[/strike] £49395.47:eek: :eek: :eek: £43332.28 repaid 100.77% of £43000 target.
    MFiT T2: Debt [STRIKE]£52856.59[/STRIKE] £6316.14 £46540.45 repaid 101.17% of £46000 target.
    2013 Target: completely clear my [STRIKE]£6316.14[/STRIKE] £0 mortgage debt. £6316.14 100% repaid.
  • winniepooh
    winniepooh Posts: 943 Forumite
    Options
    :j :j

did my first meal planner today..(hope I stick to it).

I've just done my shopping online usually costs about 100.00 this week it came to 67.17. well chuffed. :D

i've not tried my bread maker yet:rolleyes:
    I'm trying so hard to be thrifty, but it doesn't come naturally. You lot are an inspiration!
    JUST LOVES THE O/S BOARD
  • Diane_239
    Diane_239 Posts: 266 Forumite
    Options
    hi can you add me to the list please my target for the month is £200 have done most of my shopping and still have over £100 left,today i have made a lasagna,moussaka and a chillie all in the freezer ,will look at the front of the thread for some more ideas.
    July 2008 Grocery Challenge.[£200/£200]
    Aug Grocery Challenge £200
  • Moniker
    Moniker Posts: 626 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Hello Peeps - hope everyone is ok. It has been a very stressful day for me with both the DDs needing help and support of one kind or another, the OH working very long hours and a family funeral to go to next week so lots of phone calls and arrangements to help with (BIL died on Sunday - he had been ill for a long time but it is still a shock, and have been trying to support SIL and family without upsetting too many people IYKWIM).

Anyway had my big dry goods delivery from MrS this morning and went and did the fresh stuff this afternoon. Have updated my sig, and I have spent approx one third of my July budget. I have just under £200 or about £62 per week to the end of the month which is three more 'big shops' for me. I would like to keep this to £50 per week but it doesn't seem very likely at the moment. DD1 is coming home for the weekend for some R&R, and MIL is coming to lunch on Sunday so will have to make a bit of an effort!

As OH worked so late last night we didin't eat the chicken pies I made and had taken out of the freezer - I had an omlette instead and he ate sandwiches at work. We are having the pies tonight and I won't have to use the cottage pie in the freezer ear-marked for today so that's a meal saved! I am beginning to feel like Mrs M - hope she's ok - has anybody heard?

One good piece of news today was that when I checked online with the bank I found that our mortgage has just gone under £40k for the first time! I have been making huge overpayments to try and clear it as we had an endowment mortgage before I persuaded OH to change to repayment. If I can keep it up we will pay it all off by the time our five year fix finishes in three more years. It makes the budgetting so worth while.

Sorry I have not been able to keep up with all the posts this week so hugs to all those who need them and well done to all those who are staying on track.

love Moniker
  • sashanut
    sashanut Posts: 3,252 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    I must be training my DD17 well - they have a 'business challenge' few days at college & get some refreshments given free. She came back with about 8 bottles of water, 3 bananas & 3 apples........... that's my girl!

Been to Mr T's again today, have now spent all £5 off coupons & hope there are no more in the offing. Made a loaf in the BM (like a brick, but v tasty, don't know why this happens as I always make it the same way:confused: ); also some weetabix brownies & have to venture into the kitchen soon to make something for tea - now have too much choice!!

Will update sig later ...
    New start JAN15 - NOT BUYING IT 2015 :eek:. Long haul DFW #145 : 2011 DEBTBUSTING : £5500 OD GONE, £2000 OD - GONE £93,610.30 cc & loan debt - GONE 27.6.14 FINALLY DEBT & MORTGAGE FREE :happyhear
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure