richardw wrote: »
    No worries Nifty.

More non-sense??

It seems your signature says it all...
  • EveryWhere
    EveryWhere Posts: 3,249 Forumite
    Options
    I have never had a yellow card from MSE Nifty.

What does any of this nonsense have to do with 'Premium Economy'??
  • tgon
    tgon Posts: 710 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    edited 22 September 2018 at 10:32PM
    Options
    Time rich an open to a stop over. In the past I've gone for shortest simply to get it over with.

Very grateful for all your input.
  • EveryWhere
    Options
    Doshwaster wrote: »
    I was quite impressed with the Qantas Premium Economy which is more of a "business minus" product rather than on other airlines (including BA) where it is an "economy plus"

Hmm...not sure I would agree. I would describe it a Economy ++ Definitely much nicer than Economy, but too expensive for what it offers.
    It's Business minus the in-flight experience(privacy, more personal storage space, more varied seating positions/fully flat bed, dining(with some airlines you eat when you want it) etc
    Then of course no lounge access(Private space, showers, food and drink etc). Some with on-board lounges. Priority luggage access...
    Too many minuses.

Whereas, Economy ++; Upgraded seating and dining as compared to Economy Class. You can utilise the BC check-in queue. That's about it.

The problem is the cost. If you are going to pay as much as £2k+ for Business minus minus minus minus, why not pay the same for the full business class experience?
  • EveryWhere
    Options
    tgon wrote: »
    Time rich an open to a stop over. In the past I've gone for shortest simply to get it over with.

Very grateful for all your input.

These super long flights are the best time to try Business Class, as you really get your money's worth if you can get it at a price that you can afford.. :)

But you need to choose the right airline. The BC experience can vary widely. But get it right and the journey becomes a pleasure. Which is the way travel should be. Not just getting to your destination, but the enjoyment of every step of the journey.
  • richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Btw Singapore Airlines fly direct from Manchester to Singapore A359 aircraft https://youtu.be/eeDgp5M_UK4

and Cathay Pacific fly direct from Manchester to Hong Kong A359 aircraft https://youtu.be/KEs-5dk3yPI
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • EveryWhere
    Options
    Btw Singapore Airlines fly direct from Manchester to Singapore A359 aircraft https://youtu.be/eeDgp5M_UK4

and Cathay Pacific fly direct from Manchester to Hong Kong A359 aircraft https://youtu.be/KEs-5dk3yPI

Took a look. Both fairly disappointing. A bit more space than Economy seating. Food looks much the same as Economy fare.

A poor showing for over £2000 for a return fare.
  • richardw
    Options
    EveryWhere wrote: »
    ... over £2000 for a return fare.

How many sectors is that fare for?
  • EveryWhere
    Options
    How many sectors is that fare for?

Four.
    Man to Mel via SIN with SIA and via HKG with Cathay Pacific.

Have you found it cheaper for dates before March? I haven't delved too deeply, as it's not an attractive product at anywhere near that price.

Compare it to Etihad's Business Class;

If the SIA/CP PE product were priced around £1200 return, then perhaps.
  • richardw
    Options
    There’s no need to book PE for all 4 sectors if you are time rich and can easily avoid narrow seat economy aircraft.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure